correct 1975 2 way radio

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
Could any one help steer me to the correct 2 way radio(s), circa 1975? I can picture the one used here in Calgary but cannot recall the manufacturer. Thanks in advance.

here are the pictures of the Motorola I have there has to be a GE one that is correct to. I can see I don't have them labeled very good and those tiny thumbnail things are hard to see. got one siren in there to and dabbled one up.

Attachments

• Motorola motrack.jpg
    Motorola motrack.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 268
  • motorola low band.JPG
    motorola low band.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 267
  • motorola # t1300a.jpg
    motorola # t1300a.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 268
  • motorola mitrek-vhs.jpg
    motorola mitrek-vhs.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 263
Thanks Ed (as always)! We used the 4 channel Motorola you have pictured. It really helps me to now keep a watch for one.

The Motrac pre-dates the Mocom 70, but plenty of them were still in use in 1975. The Mocom 70 was a current production unit that year. The other Motorola pictured is a Micor. Motorola made one specifically for use in ambulances, at the same time they came out with the portable APCOR unit. The former was not one of their better radios. You could also get a a GE Mastr Pro or Mastr II, which were better performers and a real work horses.

Thanks Ed (as always)! We used the 4 channel Motorola you have pictured. It really helps me to now keep a watch for one.

Hi, Tim...

I just so happen to have an extra Motorola Mocom 4-channel control head, microphone and speaker sitting in my bottomless pile of Motorola stuff. Send me your address and I'll send it out to you...on the "House", so to speak.

Cheers! :smileflagcan:

I think I have a couple GE pictures to. my problem is I find a pictures I save it half the time I don't know what I have neither does the man posting it. but I have found if you flash it some one will let you know. the knowledge base here is the best. so here is on tone decoder on siren and one radio.

Attachments

• GE #99 tone decoader.jpg
    GE #99 tone decoader.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 231
  • GE power call.jpg
    GE power call.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 236
  • GE radio.jpg
    GE radio.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 236
Speaking of radio's I'd like to acquire this part of a Motorola set up if someone has one.

Attachments

• Richards Radio Back of Lifeliner.jpg
    Richards Radio Back of Lifeliner.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 178
Speaking of radio's I'd like to acquire this part of a Motorola set up if someone has one.

Get in line buddy I have been watching ebay they just don't com up? It is a dialer for a HEAR (Hospital Emergency Ambulance Radio)radio and those were state of the art back in my day. I want two of them one for the 54" and one for the vanbulance.

Get in line buddy I have been watching ebay they just don't com up? It is a dialer for a HEAR (Hospital Emergency Ambulance Radio)radio and those were state of the art back in my day. I want two of them one for the 54" and one for the vanbulance.

I've got everything to build a Motorola H.E.A.R. radio but the dialer for my some day future high top ambulance. Justa waiting for that price to turn up too!:halo:

Also known as an "encoder"...

Motorola Two Way Radios

The best way to find older two ay radio equipment is to find out where your local fire and police departments get their equipment serviced. In larger cities this may be done 'in house' but smaller departments usually have an expreienced outsider do the work. Simply visit their shop and see if they have any 'junk' for sale. I say junk simply bacause they will often have no particular use for a non working unit, especially if it is 20 years out of date. If you advise them that you are NOT going to try to make it into a working unit, this will help you in your quest. On occasion, I have gutted a couple of the older VHF radios and used the shells to hide modern HAM or CB radios. It is tricky and time consuming but it can be done! As for antennas, I HATE drilling holes in vehicles but trhe older antenas were chassis mounted. I have used a few of the older CB mount antenas and disguised them to look like 1970's VHF antenas. I have some radio stuff in the basement but as I write this, I can't lay my hands on it!

here are the pictures of the Motorola I have there has to be a GE one that is correct to. I can see I don't have them labeled very good and those tiny thumbnail things are hard to see. got one siren in there to and dabbled one up.

Hey Ed, that's my Motorola siren in my Lifeliner. :2gunsfiring_v1:

The best way to find older two ay radio equipment is to find out where your local fire and police departments get their equipment serviced. In larger cities this may be done 'in house' but smaller departments usually have an expreienced outsider do the work. Simply visit their shop and see if they have any 'junk' for sale. I say junk simply bacause they will often have no particular use for a non working unit, especially if it is 20 years out of date. If you advise them that you are NOT going to try to make it into a working unit, this will help you in your quest. On occasion, I have gutted a couple of the older VHF radios and used the shells to hide modern HAM or CB radios. It is tricky and time consuming but it can be done! As for antennas, I HATE drilling holes in vehicles but trhe older antenas were chassis mounted. I have used a few of the older CB mount antenas and disguised them to look like 1970's VHF antenas. I have some radio stuff in the basement but as I write this, I can't lay my hands on it!

I to have done this myself as well Steve! You can also check with older established funeral homes in the area as well and see if they have any old radio equipment stored back some where. As for disguising an antenna I've done this as well. On my 73 M-M combo I've disguised the roof mounted one so that I can be used with a CB radio. All I have to do is switch the aerial wire from the short (2 foot) 2-way mast to a tall (6 foot) mast for CB use that just screws to the base mounted on the roof of the coach. For shows I just put the short 2-way mast back on the car.

Back