Winter Storage

I dont use anything, I just store the cars in a place where its dry, Ill cut the humidity of the ground with a plastic cover, ill cut the grass in autumn very short and I pray ;)

Bounce sheets work well, but they need to be bounce original scent. Other scents don't seen to work. They also need to be newer. Once the sheets dry out and the scent is gone, mice will use them for bedding. Irish spring also works, however place a plastic sheet unger the soap or it may cause stains.

I have heard they do not like fresh mint..at the farm we have ugly cats,not their looks, they are mean,never use ferrets we tried that for rats,oh they catch them, the take off with em and you can't find them.

mice are a problem the cure is have nothing for them to eat. squirrels are more of a nuisance but easier to find. the occasional cat leaves a lot of hair on anything made of cloth but the worse one was the bird. that's a mess that you need to get to right away. now the spider kind of keep the flies down but still made looking out the windshield hard. I really need to get the floors in the 53 this winter. the car cover will keep out most of the problem stuff. right now critters are not it.

I use, Irish Spring, Bounce, Mouse traps, Rat poison, Etc...

But what really works......

are my highly Irritated Felines of Distinction !

Darren

Attachments

• cat 1.jpg
    cat 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 141
  • cat 2.jpg
    cat 2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 141
  • cat 3.jpg
    cat 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 145
  • cat 4.jpg
    cat 4.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 136
This use to be my best mouser as you can see.

He is now in retirement and just checks out chicks now.

Darren

Attachments

• cat 7.jpg
    cat 7.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 202
If you cats look like these.... forget it !

Darren

I once had a cat that was scared of mice!
Its hard to believe we are already talking about putting the cars away. After seeing Eds pic yesterday, i have a feeling winter is comming early this year. I should start putting a few away anyway. I got the winter hearse out of its summer rest and ready for anything, bring it on!!

I've used dryer sheets, Irish Spring soap, a plastic owl, and dogs that love to catch them, but so far nothing seems to work. Finally ended up using mouse traps and just keep resetting them.

Took the Lifeliner out last week and had no evidence of mouse infestation. Just something I've learned to live with but as we approach the fall and winter months, I'm sure they will be back.

I forgot to mention... I use to put a bar of Irish Spring soap at each tire of each car and I have found some with mouse teeth chew marks where they tired to eat it !

Maybe I should have chewed on the soap after the words that came out of my mouth after seeing the mice trying to eat it ! :4_11_9:

I bought some agricultural mice blocks yesterday. I will let you know if I notice any difference with it. They had it behind the counter so I hope it is as potent as it should be being behind the counter at the farm store.

I love all critters until they get near my cars !

I even stop the lawnmower waiting for frogs to jump out of the way before continuing to cut the grass.

I feed the birds even with them paying me back by ****ting on my cars.

Chipmonks got a bag of Planters peanuts today for the Canadian Thanksgiving week-end. :thumb: :smileflagcan:

They say they have walked on the moon... don't you think they could create something to keep the mice away from my American made cars !!! :893USA-Smilie-thumb

Darren

Back