'59-'60 Cadillac S&S Rocker Moldings brand new

Joe Puleo

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
I'm in the process of restoring my '59 Cadillac S&S hightop ambulance. The original rocker moldings could not be restored, so I found a shop that was will to make them. They used the exact same thickness and quality 304 stainless as the originals. The minimum order was 3 sets, I'm keeping 2 sets and selling 1 set. They cost me $2,750 per set, that's what I'm looking to get, plus shipping. The length is about 118.5". You can call or text me - 908-963-2063. I can't seem to attach a picture, its asking me for a URL. Text me and I will send you a picture.

59-'60 Cadillac S&S Rocker Moldings brand new

Pic, Joe those look the same as the ones on my 61 and the same trim was used in diffrettnt areas on S&S,s . A friends 70 Ambulance it is used on the top just turned upside down.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC02277.JPG
    DSC02277.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 591
I don't know if I have ever seen a piece of stainless that couldn't be restored. I have had stainless knotted up like a pretzel and with holes drilled in it and I had it restored to look better than new.

I don't know if this is the case, however, some of the GM stainless steel rocker panel moldings have a steel plate behind them for rigidity. I know that the 1960/1961 Corvair Stainless Steel rocker panel moldings are like that. Starting with the 1962. they went to stamped aluminum rocker panel moldings.

A lot of work restoring stainless but some times you have no choice. I how ever am faced with missing stainless. On a body style that doesn't get reproduced. So looking for a little help from my friends in finding 64 biscayne trim. Or the address of this compeny to make it. As one year trim off a cheap chevy is not that easy to find so we can make up two sticks some 40 inches longer the GM offered. I will say i admire any one that has taken the time and effort to have things reproduced. It is expensive to do and a lot of work to sell the over runs afterward. There is no substitute for new when you can get it.

Dan - are the moldings on your '61 118.5" long? Do you know the '59's should be mounted, flat area up or down?

Kurt - Actually, the rocker molding were missing on my car. I found a parts car that I purchased them from, but they had screw holes every 12" and they were pulled off the car without the screws being removed, so there were bad kinks every 12". One was also crushed, that one definitely couldn't be saved.

Rocker

Dan - are the moldings on your '61 118.5" long? Do you know the '59's should be mounted, flat area up or down?

Kurt - Actually, the rocker molding were missing on my car. I found a parts car that I purchased them from, but they had screw holes every 12" and they were pulled off the car without the screws being removed, so there were bad kinks every 12". One was also crushed, that one definitely couldn't be saved.

Note sure on the 59 , but I would guess they mount same way as the 61. Pic of the plate emblem , the colors are a little better than the one posted . A little hard to get a good measurement by myself I came up with 117 1/4.

Attachments

• 20190816_103421_resized (1).jpg
    20190816_103421_resized (1).jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 20190816_103355_resized.jpg
    20190816_103355_resized.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 534
I double checked and the new ones are 118 1/8" long, same as the originals

John - That badge is a little different, possibly a later one. Scroll up and look at the pic of Dan's, that's the style I need if you have one. Thanks.

Back