1960 Superior Pontiac Ambulance

It looks like a Superior Pontiac built to military specs with a modern two-tone paint job with front/back lettering decals and a beacon slapped on. 70s Monte Carlo rims. I wonder if this was ever presented as another JFK ambulance? :beatdeadhorse5:

Seriously though it does look sharp.

Last edited:
Who can say. But it rather distinctive. So some one thinks its worth a lot more or there was a shell bidder or both.

It looks like a Superior Pontiac built to military specs with a modern two-tone paint job with front/back lettering decals and a beacon slapped on. 70s Monte Carlo rims. I wonder if this was ever presented as another JFK ambulance? :beatdeadhorse5:

Seriously though it does look sharp.

Yes Abe, I agree with your observations. The only one I doubt, is the JFK part, that one was a 63.

It would need a huge amount of money thrown at it to properly restore the interior. Someone cut every corner they could on the interior. It makes you wonder what kind of work they did on the body and paint!

It would need a huge amount of money thrown at it to properly restore the interior. Someone cut every corner they could on the interior. It makes you wonder what kind of work they did on the body and paint!

I had every intention to restore it back to original interior *if* I had won the auction (I have most of the interior items or at least access to them) but just didnt want to get into a bidding war....besides there were several other vehicles I was interested in..lol...

As far as quality,there were over 16k in body/paint receipts that were shown prior auction....

I had every intention to restore it back to original interior *if* I had won the auction (I have most of the interior items or at least access to them) but just didnt want to get into a bidding war....besides there were several other vehicles I was interested in..lol...

As far as quality,there were over 16k in body/paint receipts that were shown prior auction....

Money spend does not equally quality recived every time. Vary strange that it's put up at another public auction so soon but if your wanting it let us know if you get it.

As I have always said, money spent doing incorrect work is money wasted. Hard enough getting your money back when the work is done correctly.

True doing any repair. I sure have wasted my share. One would have thought finding a big block pontiac engine would not have been that hard. Then color choices. Not many would know what the interier should look like so as long as it wasn't off colored or wild looking you could slip that threw. But any time you working with the off brands your on a up hill Push to find a buyer.

They did a lot of modifications to this beautiful rig that made it a tough sell. Nothing wrong with a '60 Superior Pontiac(I love them!), but.... baby blue!!??

When I saw it at the auction.there were TONS of people hovering around,....and of course a few with the usual "Ghostbuster" comments.....

I think in this case the market has spoken....in Vegas the bidding stalled at $9500...then 2-3 phone bidders started getting into it...I am assuming that the seller was one of those..and now it closed again around that 9-9.5k number....

I dont think the seller will recoup his $13,750 (plus auction fees) anytime soon....

Back