1972 Superior Cadillac Ambulance

Just my 2 cents, but being probably the last in-service Caddy ever it would be a real shame to see it lose the Bayshore markings imo.

Reserve NOT met at $24,500

Let's assume there were "live" bids and "real" money on this beautiful ambulance, for the sake of this discussion. You could not possibly have one professionally restored for that amount of money. To me, I think it would be a good buy at $30K, or so. The seller might have double that in it. But, how much is it worth and how much would he take for it? BTW, I have no dog in this race, I am just thinking out loud.

72 Superior

I think your right Bill,
and again it comes down to what is the seller is willing to take vs what is it worth ?....
That being said,one has to remember that this unit was in service to a lesser degree then a unit from the 70's,but still in service.

So in my way of thinking the ambulance was brought up to the current state it is in as a "business" write off and has earned its "keep" hopefully over the years.....as such it becomes a "used" item ,just like a computer,or something similar that eventually gets replaced.:eek:

For those of us who collect vintage cars we cannot deduct our expenditures for them on our taxes....would be nice if we could......so we are always haunted with the thought of what we have into them vs what we can get out of them if we need to sell..for some it matters a lot and for others not so much.But in this case it had to have lots of money put into it to meet certain standards and maintain those standards.... . the seller should not expect to recoup. those costs...not saying he is but just trying to show my point....:eek:

So I guess what I am trying to say is the usual "What a willing buyer yada,yada,yada.....and that is what it is worth....no more no less

I think a 25K bid is/was a fair price for that very nice unit (and there may still be a deal made)..just my opinion.:p

This car has a split color (amber / red) beacon lens on one of the Federal 184’s. Nice little extra.

I think your right Bill,
and again it comes down to what is the seller is willing to take vs what is it worth ?....
That being said,one has to remember that this unit was in service to a lesser degree then a unit from the 70's,but still in service.

So in my way of thinking the ambulance was brought up to the current state it is in as a "business" write off and has earned its "keep" hopefully over the years.....as such it becomes a "used" item ,just like a computer,or something similar that eventually gets replaced.:eek:

For those of us who collect vintage cars we cannot deduct our expenditures for them on our taxes....would be nice if we could......so we are always haunted with the thought of what we have into them vs what we can get out of them if we need to sell..for some it matters a lot and for others not so much.But in this case it had to have lots of money put into it to meet certain standards and maintain those standards.... . the seller should not expect to recoup. those costs...not saying he is but just trying to show my point....:eek:

So I guess what I am trying to say is the usual "What a willing buyer yada,yada,yada.....and that is what it is worth....no more no less

I think a 25K bid is/was a fair price for that very nice unit (and there may still be a deal made)..just my opinion.:p

This was also the seller's favorite rig of the 6(?) passenger car-based rigs that he owned. This is the last one that he owns and not as much motivation to sell this one either.

This was also the seller's favorite rig of the 6(?) passenger car-based rigs that he owned. This is the last one that he owns and not as much motivation to sell this one either.

Oh,I am aware of the who,what and where, of this rig(s) and the owner(s)..having both met them and been in shows along side them..:D

But just like any classic,car or any item of value for that matter,potential buyers do not want to buy your memories,or other emotional attachments,only the item being sold....it still is only worth what someone will give you for it.....;)

This was simply one of many instances where an un-motivated seller was "fishing" to see what the market was on his car.

What was the fate of the others? I know they had two Criterions and a Lifeliner. Hopefully they've all been adopted into good homes.

72 Superior

What was the fate of the others? I know they had two Criterions and a Lifeliner. Hopefully they've all been adopted into good homes.

The 75 ended up with me, not sure on the other ones.

Attachments

• 20190414_101912.jpg
    20190414_101912.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 389

I was quite interested in the '70 Pontiac, but the seller wouldn't send me any current photos or the specific information I requested.

It did sell, but I have no idea to whom.

I was quite interested in the '70 Pontiac, but the seller wouldn't send me any current photos or the specific information I requested.

It did sell, but I have no idea to whom.

It had already been sold when the other car were offered for sale for the first time, that is why you never got a response. It was the very fist car that they sold.

Back