1952 Chevy 3800 panel truck ambulance

Nicholas Studer

PCS Elected Director 2022-2025
Looks pretty neat. Seems to be missing the headliner and interior in the back - but perhaps that's how it's supposed to be. Some of the four-litter hardware seems to be there. Early Motorola two-way up front. I'm not sure $15K is the going value though... Any ideas on maker?

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5317206307.html

What I have for your consideration is a 1952 Chevy 3/4 ton panel truck that was converted to an ambulance in 1952. The history of this vehicle is staggering. It was donated to the Goldsboro fire and rescue dept in 1952 by the Lions Club of Goldsboro, Nc. It was Goldsboro fire and rescues only ambulance at that time. It was later given back to the lions club and bought by one of their members.
This gentleman is who I acquired this beautiful vehicle from. I have a detailed notebook with all this info and more including pics from the 50s. Now to the details.
Only 28000 original miles
New brakes
New gas tank and fuel lines
Original 216 thriftmaster straight six
Original 4speed trans
Siren still works
Beautiful patina
No rust I repeat no rust it's truly amazing
Still has gurney in the back
Pics tell all
I am asking 15000 cash No PayPal no nonsense I will not arrange shipping but will help any way I can once I'm payed This is truly a piece of history and drives extremely well
Trades may be considered but it has to be old and cool

Attachments

• 01111_7rCwgk8bsLP_600x450.jpg
    01111_7rCwgk8bsLP_600x450.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 502
  • 00707_c5AcWDtLlRC_600x450.jpg
    00707_c5AcWDtLlRC_600x450.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 470
  • 00g0g_f0sJu71rF0d_600x450.jpg
    00g0g_f0sJu71rF0d_600x450.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 475
it may be some one might pay that for the truck. but with windows cut it I doubt it. the one ton version had 17.5 tires on it with split rims. strange how he talks about history and needing to save it and shows it full of junk. chean it, put the gurney in place and recover that front seat. then try for the big money. I'm guessing that it's a home brew conversion.

With no covering on the walls, I would also suspect this was a conversion by the fire department or a local shop. Neat bit of history (but pricey).

Came up in an unrelated search. This ambulance was "returned" to the Lions Club that helped fund it in 1952 by the Goldsboro Rescue Squad. I guess they didn't want to store it anymore after 60 years? Can't read the whole article, but considering it was quickly on the chopping block for sale - it's plain ole' sad. Maybe they needed the money? Reading the blog and comments, apparently the local volunteer squads no longer are the primary 911 EMS service and seem to do standbys and backup more than anything. http://www.newsargus.com/news/archives/2013/05/01/rescue_squad_gives_truck_back_to_lions_club/

http://legeros.com/ralwake/photos/weblog/pivot/entry.php?id=2965 is a blog post on its purchase in 1953.

http://www.legeros.com/ralwake/photos/weblog/pivot/entry.php?id=6647 shows a nearby department with two other similar rescue trucks still (as of 2014) in their possession. One looks like a former Federal Civil Defense Administration-specified light rescue.

Wish I could have it - if the price weren't insane, I had a place to put it, and my wife wouldn't kill me over No. 5. :) Hope it turns up in a PCS members hands.

Attachments

• GoldsboroRescueAmbulance.jpg
    GoldsboroRescueAmbulance.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 345
GM put a interier in them. but if you have ever seen one it was the same as the headliner just formed cardboard. put on with spring clips with a big button in the head. tossing in equipment would tear it up easily. there a big truck. I painted one for a friend of mine way back when

Price is up to $22000. Too bad this piece of history ended up just being a fundraiser and passed around. Sure wish I could give it a home, but can't pick up any more strays!

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5520974732.html

Hi I have beautiful 1952 Panel Truck with only 29,000 original miles. Clean North Carolina title in hand! Is tagged and registered. It has a four speed, with the first gear a granny gear. No rust as it has lived in doors most of its life. And the time spent out doors it was being washed or saving someone life. New hoses, belts and breaks. Breaks have been flushed and restored, and a new gas tank. As you can plainly see, it is truly one of a kind truck. I have already bought a red pearl paint to put on it. There is like no body work to be done except putting back on whether stripping on doors after painting. All windows are clear no fogging and the doors and hood open and close perfect. The engine and transmission runs and operate excellent, No Smoke! But the rear engine main seal is dripping oil.
I' am in the process of moving and to much is happening, I will transport it with me if I need too, but thought I would put it out there for sale as the old Chevy truck is originally from North Carolina.
Check with the wife and family before calling!!
Possible trades up or down for a late model pick up for towing, as I' am in the process of moving.
I will remove ad if sold!!!
Do not text asking is it still for sale, pick the phone up and call all stupid text will be deleted!!!!
Serious collectors please!
$ 22,000.
70for68two35two2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 213
this panel is most likely a home converted. the interior in then in back headliner in front was cardboard with a printed leather look. the only hay it would be worth that kind od money was id grampa was a attend in it

Back