Ambulance cot collection!

the number 30 was a standard from the combination of Ferno with Washington in 54 or 55 up till they replaced it with the modale 35 in the 90's

so I take that to say that #30 was standard until the 1990's when the # 35 came in ?? in the 78 Horton I have a 35A but the locking pin doesn't line up ( the pin is short by a hair) with the lock on the floor mounted cot bar so that means the 78 Horton originally came with a # 30 ??

most of your box ambulances used one of the auto load like a model 29. made the work a lot easier. were the van type would have a 30.

Ok here is a good question.

We saw some #54 in this thread but here is one used by the Police de Montréal between 1959 and 1968.

At first look it's a Model 54 but there is some slight differences There is no "knee part" like the usual 54, the side bars looks different too...

Any better picture of someone who own one to compare?

it is most likely a Washington. the foot pad is the give away. vary hard to tell but enough braces under there to be a multi level. but just for comparison here is a 21 Ferno and a 21 Washington side by side

Attachments

• washington #21 ferno #21.jpg
    washington #21 ferno #21.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 134
In 1988 I left EMS full time after 14 years, every ambulance I ever worked in, Cadillac, Suburban, Type II and Type III had ferno model 30's. And you sure built up a lot of upper body strength.

digging threw the shed today looking for stuff. found some. here is the difference in the mounting rackets for a Washington cot bars and Ferno.. the Washington is about a 1/8 of a inch bigger then the Ferno.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 101
Richard Brothers Briarean cot

Richard Brothers factory promotional photos from 1960 show this cot behind a 1960 Briarean (1960 Chrysler station wagon with the steel roof raised 6"). I''m wondering if anyone can I.D. it. It looks similar to, but not the same as one Mr. Renstrom previously posted. (The wheel mounting is a little different.) A factory option sheet specified Baumgardner cot and cot bar as options, but I suppose other makes could have been ordered, too. Can anyone I.D. this as a Baumgardner? (And if anyone has one lying around, it would be more appropriate than the FW #30 I got, though I appreciate the member who shipped it to me years ago,)

picture.php

that would be a Ferno 54 xl if I'm not mistaken. but it it has the flat bars for a webing not the round tubes its a Washington same numbers. the bumgardners were a round top

Attachments

• bomgarner low head room.jpg
    bomgarner low head room.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Bomgarner cot.jpg
    Bomgarner cot.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 66
Richard Brothers factory promotional photos from 1960 show this cot behind a 1960 Briarean (1960 Chrysler station wagon with the steel roof raised 6"). I''m wondering if anyone can I.D. it.

It's a #54-L, designed for station wagons, sedan deliveries, and other low headroom cars.

Back