Rear Heater/Fan Control Panel For 68 Superior Pontiac

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
All I have is a hole with some wires sticking out, it sits on passenger side rear, next to forward facing jumpseat. Anyone have one they would sell, or trade?

Attachments

• P1150541.jpg
    P1150541.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 130
There was someone that was selling exactly what you are looking for about 2 weeks ago. Surprised that you didn't buy it when you have been looking for this part for over a year now. I think that it was sold. Pontiac and Cadillac are both the same, or if not, very similar, and I doubt that anyone would know the difference.

http://professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20600

Actually, I bought lots of items from that 68 Superior Cadillac ambulance, that switch panel among them. As Kurt said, it is not the same. I sure wish I had seen the one that was for sale, because I would have grabbed it.

They are not the same as all the options were not the same. This car should have a rear fan switch and the center done light switch. Maybe rear ac. It would not have the push button for the safety latch as the doors open from the rear. The switches would be the same for the controls. Not knowing if the poncho has the rear ac or not the first task would be to find what wires did what put the nessary switches on them and cut a aluminum plate the size of the impression . Bor the holes for the switches and the screws and cover the hole while you look around for the proper superior plate. You may never find one but fill the hole and having thinks work will move the car in a better direction.

I know just for difficult is is for you Bill to do these things. If you can cut a cardboard the right size use a ice pick to punch the screw holes in the courners pull the correct switches off the ambulance plate you have I will make you a switch mounting plate . Or just send me the ambulance plate with the cardboard template and let me know the switches you need in yours. The switches use a different size hole that is why the other cover would need easer to use for a pattern. You can get the correct hole size and spacing from it. It will lack the scrip and scroll work of the superior one but how many of them you see that had the warn off paint covered over with lable maker tape

They are not the same as all the options were not the same. This car should have a rear fan switch and the center done light switch. Maybe rear ac. It would not have the push button for the safety latch as the doors open from the rear. The switches would be the same for the controls. Not knowing if the poncho has the rear ac or not the first task would be to find what wires did what put the nessary switches on them and cut a aluminum plate the size of the impression . Bor the holes for the switches and the screws and cover the hole while you look around for the proper superior plate. You may never find one but fill the hole and having thinks work will move the car in a better direction.

I know just for difficult is is for you Bill to do these things. If you can cut a cardboard the right size use a ice pick to punch the screw holes in the courners pull the correct switches off the ambulance plate you have I will make you a switch mounting plate . Or just send me the ambulance plate with the cardboard template and let me know the switches you need in yours. The switches use a different size hole that is why the other cover would need easer to use for a pattern. You can get the correct hole size and spacing from it. It will lack the scrip and scroll work of the superior one but how many of them you see that had the warn off paint covered over with lable maker tape

Thanks Ed, that is a wonderful offer! BTW, my Pontiac has no AC.

Now I have seen them with a chrome button in the empty hole also. So they could have use one like on the 67 here the only difference would be the safety lock disconnect button.

Now there should be two wires hot. On hot all the time is the done light. The one hot with the switch on is the heater Bower power wire. . You can't go wrong if you touch the wires togather on at a time. Us a test light find the power wire hot with the switch off. Then touch it to the other loose wires one at a time till the dome light comes on. You get a wrong one all that will happen Is the blower comes on. If nothing happens with one that one should be the hot wire that is switched. If you mark the wires as to there fuction putting them on the switch will be simple .remember superior liked to wire the car with one color wire. so sorting them is a trial and error.

Even if it isn't the same, at least it would have covered the hole. Something is better than nothing.

But it wouldn't work at all without cutting a big hole. The switch panel that Bill has for sale is recessed requiring a 3ish inch by 5ish inch cut-out to sit down into. The switch panel that came with Bill's rig stood on top of the inner ender well.

I don't blame Bill for wanting to hold out for the correct switch panel. I would do the same.

I have no intention of using any thing from the ambulance switch panel except the two. Switches nessary. That way you would have original stuff. On a new plate. Much better then a hole while your waiting for the correct plate you may never come across to pop up.

I would be wiling to bet this is what your looking for and the front hole would have a chrome button i it.

Attachments

• rear switch plate.jpg
    rear switch plate.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 86
It should be the exact same switch panel as the one in Martin Harvey's '67 Superior Pontiac. I am pretty sure that we have seen photos of it, but I'm not going to take the time to search for it.

Here is how it should look:

Previous image is when the car was bought by JM with the attendant seat, here is the setup with the switch lights, with a squad bench it's the only way I found to fix both plates correctly.

Give me 2 days and I will be off to dig in the boxes in my garage.

Here is how it should look:

Previous image is when the car was bought by JM with the attendant seat, here is the setup with the switch lights, with a squad bench it's the only way I found to fix both plates correctly.

Give me 2 days and I will be off to dig in the boxes in my garage.

Thanks a lot Martin. I must admit, it looks different than I had imagined.

Just the. Standard dash switch box. It's no wonder it's missing. They either warped or dried out and split.

What is the added box for. I'm guessing back board.

Back