58 Flower Car

yes but no pictures of his just done interior. the question is just how much did they custom. and Ida of the builder?

Buying it will be the in-expensive part!
Right, getting cars is the easy part...storing and restoring them is more of a challenge. I am not entirely sure, but I think the seller wants too much for this rig. He stated that he turned down an offer for 11K. He said he wants ~$12,000. I could be wrong though. I am no expert. I do know that a fully restored 58 flower car would be an awesome ride.

Wouldn't you think that if the seller had expectations of getting $12,000 for it that he would at least clean the $#!+ out of the back and drag it out to where he could get some decent photos of it???

It will never bring as much in the second or third listing, so why not have it as presentable as possible in the first listing?

Why in the world would you install a new interior in any car in that condition?? The interior should be the last thing installed, not the first! He hadn't even painted the dash and metal door trim yet! The interior looks like DIY work too. Looks like they just stretched sheet vinyl over the steel dash. There doesn't appear to be a dash pad there.

If I were to speculate as to why the interior came first, I would say that maybe it was the easiest for the owner to do at the time. Perhaps he knows a guy that gave him a deal.
The ebay listing states that leather was used on the seats and door panels...not sure if that includes the dash or not. The owner states that the vehicle starts, runs and drives, however he has not started it in 6 months.

This would have to be a 'see it in person' purchase. I would need to see it in person with an expert along for the ride. That said, 12K is more than I am willing to pay for this car.
I can imagine it restored...it looks awesome...there are beautiful women all around admiring the car asking if they could have a ride. lol.
The owner stated that he has it listed locally, and he would pull the ebay listing if the bidding does not reach the 12K mark. He said that he needs 12K to recoup the original purchase price, the cost of towing to his location, the mechanical work, and the interior work he has into it.
I see this vehicle being worth much more than 12K with a nice paint job and the mechanicals worked out. In it's current condition, I would have a difficult time parting with the money he is asking for it. I would pay the 12K if it were 'the one' that I was looking for...If it were my dream car. I would just do it, and not look back. There are folks who pay a lot more for a lot less.
I wonder (as mentioned by another PCS member) why folks don't get the garbage out of a car and stage it for a good photo before they list it for sale.

I see spending 50 grand an a 20,000 car. the dash is just vinyl stretched over a foam pad. to get one done on a 58 will cost about 1000,00 bucks. it is a shame not to have done the painting but the stuff comes off the door easily enough I found a Chrysler color with about 50% flatter that matches the GM interior silver just fine. you can get it mixed in a spray bomb. what he has done here in leather is most likely 5,000 bucks. maybe more. so subtract that from the 12 asking figure and he is really not that far off.

I will agree cart before the horse but it comes out easily enough and it's done. chrome platting on a 58 will run you a easy 5,000 if all you do is the bumpers

There is very little leather there. The majority of it is vinyl. Although these days........ vinyl costs as much as leather!

The last seat I had done in leather cost me 2500. Now I understand the closer you to the southern border the cheaper it gets but I'm not down there. As I said the dash is a grand. Add the door panels and other small stuff if it was all done in leather as stated it's a easy 5000.

That's money you would have to spend getting the car up to shape anyway. I would Question what was under all that filler.

Tandy Leather Outlet Stores are a great place to get leather in full hides inexpensively, especially if you have a friend that can get you their commercial discount. I have been to the one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and have purchased leather there for upholstery.

Back in the '50s and '60s, if you purchased a car with leather interior..... the entire seat was leather. Definitely NOT the case with new cars today! The new cars have more vinyl than leather!

It looks to me like this "leather" upholstery job is more in keeping with today's standards!

The last seat I had done in leather cost me 2500. Now I understand the closer you to the southern border the cheaper it gets but I'm not down there. As I said the dash is a grand. Add the door panels and other small stuff if it was all done in leather as stated it's a easy 5000.

That's money you would have to spend getting the car up to shape anyway. I would Question what was under all that filler.

Come on Ed, go out and knock one of those buffalos over and use that for hide. :thumbsup:

man that is some tough stuff to work with. ease enough to get a rancher to sell you some of you want to tan them yourself. the only vinyl I have put in a leather seat is the back. single color is at least two hides. if it's a different color insert it's three.

Please check out the bidding details, and tell me what you think. I become suspicious when I see a new e-bay member bidding high, and driving up the bid. Maybe it is legitimate, but we have all seen this before; there are reasons to be suspicious...

Who knows what games are being played on eBay. You just need to determine what you are willing to spend and stop when it goes beyond that point. You can't worry about the rest.

If that was my auction I would have already cancelled the single feedback bidders bid. The fact that there are multiple bids from the same bidder makes me think the guy is a game player a shill would not have bid three times once would do. If you want to bid on it I would email the seller explain you think bidder is a game player and you will submit no bids till the bid is cancelled see what seller says.

Back