Yellow and Blue Miller Meteor hightop in San Antonio

Very unique! In the days of Omaha Orange and Catillion White, this ambulance must have really stood out and looked sharp!

I have the answer to this mystery ambulance question. It is a 1973 Caddy/ MM. It was originally owned by the Leawood, Kansas Fire Dept. When I photographed it in the 1980's it was owned by Dallas Ambulance Co.- Dallas, Texas. I have my photo of this rig published on flickr.com. Type in "dr mo" in search then click on the group- "vintage and present funeral cars and ambulances". The photo is on page 3 of that album. Thats all the info I have on that beauty. Robert.

Picture link

I have the answer to this mystery ambulance question. It is a 1973 Caddy/ MM. It was originally owned by the Leawood, Kansas Fire Dept. When I photographed it in the 1980's it was owned by Dallas Ambulance Co.- Dallas, Texas. I have my photo of this rig published on flickr.com. Type in "dr mo" in search then click on the group- "vintage and present funeral cars and ambulances". The photo is on page 3 of that album. Thats all the info I have on that beauty. Robert.

Here is the link to that picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drmo/5772671584/in/set-72157600279724620#/ Personally, it looks better with the faded blue stripe rather than that bright blue. Looks like the ambulance company was running it with incorrect late 70s/early 80s hubcaps back then too. Other than some minor rust and a broken windshield, this looks easily returned to the road. Anyone around San Antonio who could find out if it's available?

ambulance stalking

So given the street name, I was able to spend a little time and track down the exact location of this car. ~1420 S. Presa St. There's a phone number on a sign nearby that the google mapping car picked up clearly enough, so I'll be calling tomorrow to find out more. The faint whiff of a road trip to TX this winter is in the air...
As an aside, the google car was in my area taking images for the street view. This one was a late model Subaru sedan in tri-tone green, blue and yellow with a 10ft pole on the roof, topped with a soccer-ball sized camera array. Due to a fire down the road and a road closure, neither my street or me driving past it will be online, but it's neat to see how they do it.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,072
Bright yellow and blue stripe and lettering is Quebec's regulation color since 1976.
Here is an example of a Superior caddy after 1978.

I personally think that it's ugly with a red interior but, that what was used back in '78! Disco !

Hubcaps

These wheel covers were introduced as the standard cap for the 1980 DeVilles. They may also have been used for 1981, too. I have a set on my '80 Coupe DeVille and I love these wheel covers! A 1980 version of the sombreros... and easy to clean!

Regarding Disco Era Styling, I don't know if this vignette is politically-correct but I have to tell it. My mother, a God-Fearing, Irish Catholic Daily Communicant, tells this story of when my step-father was price-shopping for his first Cadillac--a Phoenician Ivory 1976 Coupe DeVille (with full leather interior.) We actually lived kitty-corner to Fazerckley Cadillac in San Francisco (I think that was how you spelled it)--and my mother, anticipating the impending purchase of what she called "A Pineapple Sherbert Colored Cadillac", walked back into the showroom the day after the test drive only to learn that the model that the two of them had just priced up was gone! Assuming her husband had purchased it for her, my mother got visibly excited and remarked to the salesman on duty that she assumed her husband was going to surprise her with it after work. The salesman paused, cleared his throat and said quietly, "I don't think so, ma'dam . . . unless your husband is very tall, and very, very dark."

Texas MM Cadillac

After months of trying numbers to try to track this car down long distance, I was successful finally, and fate has it that the car is not owned by the property owners but it's now got local unregistered/dumped/old car orders to be gone in 10 days, but is owned by a local sheriff. So we shall see. Anyone know a cheap lawyer in San Antonio? The car will be scrapped in 10 days, yet is owned by a local sheriff? Beats me, anyway, it's been there too long.
The car has been parked for more than 10 years. Hopefully in the next few days I can a few simple papers signed and since everyone wants it gone, and I can have it moved away from there soon. Any TX people with paperwork ideas? Can I just pay the landowner and take the car with a receipt for my state? This car will be mine whether I have to be there to sign stuff or not.

Is it "owned" by the sheriff (as in he bought it) or is it impounded by the sheriff (as in a legal seizure)? Might be a big difference....

If it's impounded, usually it has to go to a sheriff's sale, an auction somewhere. Might try to find out who the towing contractor is (or the salvage contractor if it's really going right to scrap). You might be able to buy it or find out it's disposition from them.

Good luck! :smileTEXAS:

I got to work in that car a couple of times when our truck was down. You sat so low in the seat you felt like a kid joy riding in daddy's car. Smoothest ride I have ever had. It would almost put you to sleep. That thing had so much storage space it was riduculous. If there was an opening with a flat surface over it that was a compartment.

Anything happen with saving this car? I saw this post and Google Maps still showed it. I drove by - looks like it's not there anymore. The area it was in was remodeled. Hope it was saved - looked like a cool car.

Anything happen with saving this car? I saw this post and Google Maps still showed it. I drove by - looks like it's not there anymore. The area it was in was remodeled. Hope it was saved - looked like a cool car.

The bad thing about Google maps is its not updated often. When I look at my place it shows a car in the yard that I have not even owned for at least 5 years.

Back