Who Needs Door Weatherstripping

James

Mike just asked a question in one of Rocky's threads yesterday.

He is a nice guy and I am sure has the rubber ready to ship.

Darren

Still for sale.

I have a quantity which I am keeping tight lipped about. No one seems to be interested in the product until it is gone. The first 2500 feet sold quickly and to many men thought they could just wait to buy it when they needed it. The strong second wave of interest by people that missed out the first run, generated enough capital in pre-buys that it was decided to do a second run. The effort was organized over a period of months, to give folks a chance to save up for the money to make a purchase. In return I provided a pre-buy discount incentive to punctuate my appreciation. I am still actively selling the W/S privately very well with out advertising at this time. I do intend to give all fair warning just before I run out. Have no regrets, please purchase what you need now. Ron, I would be flattered for you to use this product on your coach. Although I have never received any "Reputation" at all for getting the product made for members, or awards from the PCS for acomplishments noteworthy, nor any "Reputation" from buyers on the forum, I do get many that Thank me privately to express how much they appreciate the quality of the product and how grateful they are for the work it took to get it made. Thank You to all the members that bought the W/S and the private personal reviews submitted to me about the product. Sincerely, Mike M.

Superior door W/S

Terry, I have discovered that Steele rubber has as an offering for door W/S that is so close to the original Superior product, that I have provided the part number as a reccomended replacement. Their are a couple other choices to consider on the market and I suggest contacting the makers for samples. Metro Moulded rubber has two versions that you can investigate, just go to the site to view them (LP45 and LP42) and Ed Renstrom used yet another product on Brendans 1963 and I am uncertain where he bought the offering. Ed may have surplus product of the product and a sample to send you. Steele rubber product number is 70-0491-73 and it is my favorite to date.

Attachments

• Superior Weatherstripping #1.jpg
    Superior Weatherstripping #1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 177
very close. the same profile is with them all. for different prices. I know all the older superior caddy's used it. I don't have enough experience with there poncho line to say. did you cut a profile out of yours to see if it matched up. the best place to do so it the bottom and the back edge which ever is not pushed out of shape. it only needs to be 1/8 inch thick to match up the profile to what ever is offered buy the sellers. for me a personal thank you is ten time better and a hash mark from here. ;)

Getting what you pay for.

very close. the same profile is with them all. for different prices. I know all the older superior caddy's used it. I don't have enough experience with there poncho line to say. did you cut a profile out of yours to see if it matched up. the best place to do so it the bottom and the back edge which ever is not pushed out of shape. it only needs to be 1/8 inch thick to match up the profile to what ever is offered buy the sellers. for me a personal thank you is ten time better and a hash mark from here. ;)
With Ed's help and 9 months of research and development it was determined that literally 32nds of an inch can make a door W/S a sucess or failure. To small and vacuum from air passing over the body sucked a fine dust past a door seal. To large a W/S and you have problems with doors closing. I just learned that some S&S models used the Superior W/S also. Richard please reply to my PM at your earliest convenience for any questions I can help with.

I need to replace all 5 doors on my '77 M-M so if this will work for it, please PM me the price so I can see if im able to do it.

I need to replace all 5 doors on my '77 M-M so if this will work for it, please PM me the price so I can see if im able to do it.

The style Mike is offering will only work on the rear load door on the 77-79 M-M's. The side doors are a different rubber mold these years. You will need about 25 foot to do rear door.

guys you need to cut a profile of your existing weather strip to match it up. that's the only way to determine if it will work for your car. I'm under the impression that the 77 up body used it in the rear door standard GM weatherstripping on the others. the style Mike has is the style MM used on the 66 to 76 bodies. I personal know it was used on a 71 superior caddy body. because I had one. a lot of time a effort went into making this run the best it could be. but if you car is not using this type it won't work. so go to a place that has not been pushed out of shape use a razer blade to cut a 1/8 in slice out of the "your" weather striping to match up your profile with this one. if it's the same this one will work if not your searching the other vender's for one that will. here is the pictures of the weathers stripping that MM used from 66 to 76. there is not a book on this, it's all guess work. the one facing you is what mike has for sale at a very completive price

Attachments

• IMG_6591a.jpg
    IMG_6591a.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 181
Accurate information.

The style Mike is offering will only work on the rear load door on the 77-79 M-M's. The side doors are a different rubber mold these years. You will need about 25 foot to do rear door.

Jeremy is correct. After 74 the rear loading door used the M/M weather stripping only, and factory door weather seal on the other 4 doors.

Still good.

Kevin, I sent you a private message. Write me after you get my contact information and phone number. Over 4000 feet sold so far with testimonials from our satisfied customers along with pictures of their coach's. A public Thank You! To Mr. Jim Crabtree for the kind words and annecdote from his experience, installing the door weatherstripping he bought recently for his 1971 LifeLiner. Also Thank You! to Rhett Martin for your recent purchase.

Last edited:
Back