Wanted: First Aid/Ambulance Cap Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
I'm looking for a gold ambulance/first aid badge (if they were even used) on the Police/Patrolman style caps. I just bought a vintage policemans cap that will take a badge on the front top portion that is held on two side by side screw backs. Please let me know if they even used them in ambulance service or where I may get or find one! THANKS!

Our squad used a duck bill type of hat that was white, and we had a hat badge that mounted on it. The badge was a smaller version of our uniform badge, and was a rhodium finish, unless you were an officer, then you got a gold badge. This is a picture of my badge issued in 1962. The cross originally had red paint on it. One of the PCS Members is a badge distributor, but I can't post it without his permission. I am certain that he can fix you up with a new badge that would say Ledford Ambulance Service...... Shopping Springs Tenn.

Attachments

• MVC-830L.jpg
    MVC-830L.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 174
I bought a couple of Peter's hat badges, and am extremely pleased with them. Highly recommended....and Peter is a great guy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back