'58 Hearse ? in GA

Adam Borkat has posted on the PCS facebook site about his new purchase so maybe he won't mind if I post it here. He did buy the 58 in mention here and I went down last weekend and picked it up for him. I am keeping it for him in my garage for now and started working on getting it ready for a rebirth. Bought new by Roberson and Son funeral home in Cairo Ga. and used there until funeral home closed in about 1963. Niece ended up with car and stored in her barn. It was last drove and taged in 1967 and stayed in her barn until the guy Adam got from traded her out of it in 2009 and put in his barn until few months ago. So stored about 50 years. Motor is stuck but I am working on getting that freed up. There is no body rust, there is no rust underneath car. Surface rust only. Interior pretty good about 7 out of 10. Whole car pretty darn good for sitting around for 50 years. Excited to help Adam in getting this jewel going again. Three of the four tires still held air after 50 years. Of course they are in terrible shape and not road worthy. Will post pictures of progress asap.

Back