Do These Qualify As "Barn Finds"?

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I picked these up this week. They have been in a pole barn for 10ish years and both have an inch of dust on them. Does that make them "Barn Finds"? Lol

1990 Superior Crown Cadillac w/5.7L Triple Navy Blue
1988 Eureka Concours Grey/Grey/Burgundy

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 998
the concrete floor deducts, but I guess you could call the pole barn finds. you collecting bookends now?:thumbsup:

It's still extremely hard for me to look at anything built in 1988 and see it as being "old"!

In 1982 I purchased a 1956 Meteor 3-way and a 1956 Meteor combination(converted to an ambulance. It has since bounced around to 6-8 different owners). Those coaches were 26 years old at the time. Those 2 coaches were real head-turners and a blast to own! A 26 year-old coach today was built in 1991 and would turn very few heads on the street. I just have a hard time getting too worked up over anything built after 1976!

I just had to see these 2 coaches saved from a fate they did not deserve.

I know that the Academy Grey '88 Eureka was purchased new by the Roper Funeral Home in Lincoln, NE. I am not sure as to where it went from there. Both coaches have sat in that building waaaay too long!

Anxious to get those mud flaps off of the '90 Superior! I hate mud flaps on a hearse! They usually do more harm than good.

The Superior is a one-owner car.

Yes. This '90 Superior Crown Sovereign was delivered new to the Helgeson Funeral Chapel in Roseau, MN on 9/15/1990. Roseau is one of the northern-most communities in the state of Minnesota. Helgesons traded it in to Great Country Motors on 9/30/2005 when it was 15 years old. It has been in indoor storage at Great Country Motors since then(yes, 12 years!). The coach currently has 63,500 miles on it.

Last edited:
I know that the Academy Grey '88 Eureka was purchased new by the Roper Funeral Home in Lincoln, NE. I am not sure as to where it went from there. Both coaches have sat in that building waaaay too long!

Anxious to get those mud flaps off of the '90 Superior! I hate mud flaps on a hearse! They usually do more harm than good.

The Academy Grey '88 Eureka Concourse was traded in to Great Country Motors in 1999 and it was then sold to the Conway Funeral Home in Cresco, IA. Conways then traded it back in to Great Country Motors in 2002. It was then stuck in this building where it has been stored since then(yes, 15 years!). I am most anxious to get this one back on the road. Love the color combination with the burgundy interior. This one currently has 75,179 miles on it.

Absolutely..... POLE BARN FINDS !!!

Likely much better than BARN FINDS in that the condition is likely twice as nice.

:thumbsup:

Enjoy the rides,
Darren

100 years of dealing !

POSTED Vehicles were topic of discussion at noon today at C-W Coach Sales when Bob Hedges, Carl Woerner and Tommy Jones met to complete a 3-Way dealer deal that include 100 years of hearse selling knowledge in SAME place! Thankful for great memories they still have...WOW !!!:applause:

I am embarrassed to say that I just got the first of these two coaches home yesterday and did the initial cleaning of 15 years worth of dust. The first time this coach has seen daylight in 15 years. I was pleasantly surprised as to the condition of this one! Needs brakes and exhaust immediately. Tomorrow it is off to have brake lines replaced. I think that I am going to like the '88 Eureka better than the '90 Superior Crown.

Attachments

• Reka 5.jpg
    Reka 5.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Reka 6.jpg
    Reka 6.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 330
  • Reka 7.jpg
    Reka 7.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Reka 8.jpg
    Reka 8.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Reka 9.jpg
    Reka 9.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 328
  • Reka 10.jpg
    Reka 10.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Reka 11.jpg
    Reka 11.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
To things destroy a car sunlight and mice.if you can avoid them storage is not a problem. Rust will grow on the bare spots still but if its dry not fast.

'90 Superior Crown

........... and here is the '90 Crown after its first bath in 13 years! Hard to tell, but this one is actually "Shadow Blue", which is an '88 Lincoln color.... according to Superior's info in the door jamb. We ran up and grabbed this one yesterday. Washed it this afternoon.

A couple of minor this to do on both of these, and I will be offering both for sale.

Attachments

• Crown 1.jpg
    Crown 1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Crown 2.jpg
    Crown 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Crown 3.jpg
    Crown 3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Crown 4.jpg
    Crown 4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Crown 5.jpg
    Crown 5.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Crown 6.jpg
    Crown 6.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Crown 7.jpg
    Crown 7.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 233
  • Crown 8.jpg
    Crown 8.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Brake work completed and new exhaust from the converter back. Now just needs her alternator replaced(bad regulator).

Attachments

• Reka 12.jpg
    Reka 12.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Reka 13.jpg
    Reka 13.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 150
Back