Cool eBay items you probably missed

The sale of the 1958 M-M hearses and flower cars in Chicago was made by Perry Lanuis of Perry's M-M Sales in Lebanon, Tennessee. I also have an original copy of this photo in just a bit of a different angle in my collection as well from his dealership files. At that time it was the largest professional car sale that ever was made.

The sale of the 1958 M-M hearses and flower cars in Chicago was made by Perry Lanuis of Perry's M-M Sales in Lebanon, Tennessee. I also have an original copy of this photo in just a bit of a different angle in my collection as well from his dealership files. At that time it was the largest professional car sale that ever was made.

Interesting...why wasn't the Illinois/Chicago area M-M dealer used?

A company with a history of fantastic ambulances.

Brailey & Dorrance pocket mirror

$(KGrHqZ,!lYE2EfrNQw)BNi9lYZ6uQ~~_3.JPG

Brailey & Dorrance post card

$(KGrHqF,!jUE6DYUWQZ(BOn)EVErOg~~60_3.JPG

Brailey & Dorrance calendar - No longer on eBay

1_03493f0deae1f7bbc93b11eff00d1c08.jpg

Interesting...why wasn't the Illinois/Chicago area M-M dealer used?

Not sure on that. Just know he was a salesman on the deal from what I've been told. I'll dig out my photo of this sale and get it posted up this week sometime. I know he (Perry Lanius) was classified with M-M as a distributor too.

Smith Ambulance Service- Minneapolis, MN coffee cup from the '60's. "Lifted" from Methodist Hospital, Minneapolis ER lounge in 1975.

Attachments

• Smith Ambulance coffee cup circa 1965.jpg
    Smith Ambulance coffee cup circa 1965.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 240
Thanks to Mr. McPherson's research -

This is a 1951 Flxible-Buick Sterling Ambulance FB22-551* that was delivered to the Town of Auburn Massachusetts on May 4, 1951. The car was Flxible's body number 17183.

*FB = Flxible-Buick; 22 = Ambulance; 5 = Buick Super Series 50 chassis (Flxible's Sterling Series); 51 = 1951

I watch eBay regularly for procar-related items and am fortunate to have won many of the items shown in this thread. Here's one that wasn't shown but is now in my collection:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260899899391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

These funeral home informational brochures are among my favorite items to collect, as long as they show at least some of the fleet. Lyerly's was founded in 1957; I'm guessing this item was published a year or two later.

The fleet shot from this brochure includes a 1955 Superior, a 1952 Fleetwood 75, 1950 Henney and 1947/48 Miller landaus, and a 1951 Chrysler sedan. Their air conditioned ambulance - first one in Rowan County - is a 1953 Superior combination.

Lyerly's is still in business; be sure and check the link to their 50th anniversary photos:

http://www.lyerlyfuneralhome.com/

Attachments

• Lyerly 2 001.jpg
    Lyerly 2 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Lyerly 001.jpg
    Lyerly 001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Back