1959 Cadillac

nice project

hey guys,the biggest line in car business is i think the AC only needs a charge,well if you cant charge the ac to sell the car what else are we hiding,well thats my joke for the day,anyway:):):), i have a serious question for our pros,another line is,it is flat glass and you can just cut some and put it in,well i have a good glass guy,CAN I GET GLASS CUT FOR THIS CAR,AND CAN I GET A WINDSHIELD,WILL THE GLASS PASS AS A GOOD JOB,OR WILL IT LOOK STUPID ON THIS CAR,I WANT MY FRIEND TO BUY THIS CAR,AND I DONT WANT TO GIVE BAD ADVICE TO HIM,BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS NOW and a YEAR and half of bad health 7 0pperations and im finally feeling great hopefully thats all behind me ,and thanks for all the people that keep me in there prayers ,and thanks for the help in advance,i know i can count on good help from good people on our site,we have a lot of good people,and let me wish a HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL BRIAN :):):):D:,917-499-9994,i always put my #,if i can help anybody,anytime,i am back and forth from florida and new jersey,all the time,you can always text,i cant text back,if you want to pm me with info you can,i only call back cant really communicate by typing,it is too painfull for me,post reply and share info with everybody,and please dont guess on this car,i really need the write answer,and thanks again,brian:):):)

This is for someone who wants a BIG !!!! project. Brian is right flat glass is the easy part. Windshield easy too. Fenders from a 75 limo to 62 same for dash add AC from a limo and you are on your way. Get out the welder and start patching. This thing is no worse than the CB ambulance that was saved and when you are done your estate has a big bucks coach to sell at the auction. How many S&S 59s were made total?? Only thing that would make it better is if it were an ambulance. For the guys that are title freaks it has one!!!

This would certainly be an ambitious restoration. Two positive items are that (a) there's enough upholstery left to copy and (b) it had factory front and rear A/C. There are enough S&S interior photos around for the interior to be closely replicated.

there is a man reproducing body panels up in the north land for 59s also. so it would appear to be a fairly straight car. not all that bad to redo. but still some big bucks to put into it. if the man doesn't have 50g to invest he had better pass

Anybody notice that is a Quadrajet carburetor on there? IIRC first year Q-jets were used on Cadillac was 1967.

Can't really see if there is an carburetor adapter on there but from the angle I could not see one. So intake manifold change or more then?

Looks like a good way to turn a friend into an enemy, personally! I wouldn't wish this one on an enemy! Looks like it was pulled from a fire! This one wouldn't even pass as a decent parts car!

Looks like a good way to turn a friend into an enemy, personally! I wouldn't wish this one on an enemy! Looks like it was pulled from a fire! This one wouldn't even pass as a decent parts car!

Another case of a $75,000 restoration that would result in a $20-30,000 car.

Yes to both questions.

Any good Glass shop can do the flat glass. And the windshields are pricey but available.

the question is can i cut straight glass for this car and where would i get a windshield,every thing else i can handle thanks in advance:):):)brian 917-499-9994

Is the rear door glass curved? My 59 appears to be curved in two dimensions.
That is one heck of an expensive one off to have produced....that said, if a few people get together, they can share the cost to produce the glass...the first piece is $$$$$, the second is, $$$$, third, $$$ etc...if you are only making one, you may spend 4-5k on the glass, if you are making 15, then each piece may only be about 1k....I spoke with a few glass manufactures...the most reasonably priced outfit was in Canada...It was explained to me that, the fact that the glass is bent in two dimensions, is what makes it so expensive.

Rear Door

Is the rear door glass curved? My 59 appears to be curved in two dimensions.
That is one heck of an expensive one off to have produced....that said, if a few people get together, they can share the cost to produce the glass...the first piece is $$$$$, the second is, $$$$, third, $$$ etc...if you are only making one, you may spend 4-5k on the glass, if you are making 15, then each piece may only be about 1k....I spoke with a few glass manufactures...the most reasonably priced outfit was in Canada...It was explained to me that, the fact that the glass is bent in two dimensions, is what makes it so expensive.

Yes it is curved . It looks the same to me from 59-65 and possible up to 70?

Attachments

• DSC01297.jpg
    DSC01297.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 92
We need someone with an S&S parts book the rear glass should be the same for a long time as the rear door is S&S no GM anywhere. S&S did not need to conform to any GM lines in sheet metal. As a last resort Plexiglass could be formed to work.

curved or plexiglass

thanks peter,that will be my choice untill i find one if it takes forever,ill be dead by then,but i can still enjoy my car,i bought my 1972 in my avatar,and it came with plexiglass and it frosted perfectly,and everybody thinks it is supposed to look like that after 8 years i always think it looks good dont know how long it took to get frosted,it was like that when i bought,so with that solved,can i get a windshield,these answers are going to make the deal or i will have to walk,im not paying 5k for a windshield,can i get one and where,also can i put flat glass in sides,please no guessing,very important,and thanks for any help,name of windshield place and can i put straight glass in sides thanks brian 917-499-9994:):):D

big help and thanks

Any good Glass shop can do the flat glass. And the windshields are pricey but available.
but what does pricey mean,i need a ballpark,thanks and a# to call and a comitment,lets do this today,i think people think us guys from jersey are too fast,sometimes there is no time,i am the exeption,i just want things yesterday,and if you need me i will be there for you yesterday and be finished before we get off the phone,and slow down,i do really appercieate all the help you are giveing me and i have to give this guy an answer,and anybody knows we say what we are going to do,thanks for all the help,and paul jump in and help,if you can,i want this car,lol big BRIAN 917-499-9994:applause::applause::applause::D:D:D

they run in the 900 range you can call Pinkerton in Ohio. there is a old car glass guy out of Oregon also I have talked to that can get them. it's a Commercial glass. but if you stop down to your locale glass shop it's a good bet they can come up wit one also. and you can save the freight. steel rubber
has the grommet as does rubber the right way if you do the search on the site I'm betting you can come up with the nags number and the phone number of were to get one. the years they fit are just up a post or two.

if your doing the back glass, use lexan not Plexiglas. my bet it that you go look for a mid to early 50's car, one of the hardtops with the 3 peace back window. you will find that it is one of them that they use for the rear door glass.

Glass

they run in the 900 range you can call Pinkerton in Ohio. there is a old car glass guy out of Oregon also I have talked to that can get them. it's a Commercial glass. but if you stop down to your locale glass shop it's a good bet they can come up wit one also. and you can save the freight. steel rubber
has the grommet as does rubber the right way if you do the search on the site I'm betting you can come up with the nags number and the phone number of were to get one. the years they fit are just up a post or two.

if your doing the back glass, use lexan not Plexiglas. my bet it that you go look for a mid to early 50's car, one of the hardtops with the 3 peace back window. you will find that it is one of them that they use for the rear door glass.

Technically, commercial glass did not start until 65 on the CC. 59-64 CC and 59-65 limos use the same limo glass.

Attachments

• 59-64 CC Windshield #.JPG
    59-64 CC Windshield #.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 63
Back