long wait

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
After over 2 1/2 months of waiting this showed up today. Some time back I had talked to Tim Fantin about his beautiful 52 National, and how it has been caringly preserved by PCS members Roger, Dave and Tim over the years. Late this summer Tim made the decision that it needed to see more road time than he could provide.

We both suspect she has seen more foul weather in three weeks than the last sixty years. Nothing that cannot be quickly cleaned up.

Starr's Ambulance here in Calgary ran a 1950 Pontiac, so it is a perfect addition and will be well cared for.

Many thanks to Tim for making this happen.

Attachments

• calgary arrival 002 (600 x 400).jpg
    calgary arrival 002 (600 x 400).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 401
  • calgary arrival 003 (600 x 400).jpg
    calgary arrival 003 (600 x 400).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 50 Starrs Pontiac, Jack Geddes & Bob Kane, Calgary AB, photo Mike Dubyna[1]retouched.jpg
    50 Starrs Pontiac, Jack Geddes & Bob Kane, Calgary AB, photo Mike Dubyna[1]retouched.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 349
50 Ambulance

Tim,
Many congratulations on the new addition to your collection !!!!!!:applause:
All I can say is "beautiful rig" ! :) :thumbsup:
Please post more photos when you get a chance....

Congratulations Tim on a fabulous addition to your collection. I am glad that you are going to be able to show this beautiful ambulance and enjoy the ride!

Tim,

That is a really nice National Ambulance and the fact it's all white like the original Starr's ambulance is really neat! All you have to do is add the Starr's logos on the doors and presto!

Seeing your new National here reminded me of this 56' National below that was negotiated after sitting for almost 30 years and sold just a few months ago to Tom Caserta who was working on some Canadian transaction. Think this car ended up in the great white north too!

MUSEUM56b.jpg

MUSEUM56a.jpg

MUSEUM56c.jpg

MUSEUM56d.jpg

Beautiful car Tim! It has another very good home.

Hopefully my '53 Barnette will lok as good some day.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. My interest in these cars started early in childhood like many others in the PCS. Without it and its members I would NEVER have been able to add my part to the preservation of these vehicles and the unique story that accompanies most of them. I feel extremely fortunate.

My cars are not locked away nor are trailer queens. With the exception of the 54XL which faced some mechanical issue this past year, all took part in activites centered on pre hospital care or accident prevention in some fashion. They are a great focal point to help raise awareness of a cause. I try and include mention of the PCS clubs activities as a part of this.

Who could ask for a better (near full time) hobby.

Back