63 Superior Pontiac Ambulance

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between 2/3 bidders with more dollars than sense and a seller's buddies. I've seen lots of B-J and Mecum auctions realize ridiculous prices because two guys got into a pi**ing match over who can spend more money on something. Perfect example was a blue 1970 Torino selling over $100K. The two bidders wanted it because one had a matching blue '70 Boss Mustang, and the other a matching '70 Torino in Orange. One of them walked away paying over twice what the car was worth in a normal market.

But anyway, when you see a $4K Pontiac combination getting $17K+ bids, you know something is up! And I wish he would stop using it to display surfboards for his other auctions. If he really thinks it's a $60K car, treat it like one :D

Agreed Adam - with a caveat. No heat of the moment pi$$ing contest enters into a winning bid equation of a timed auction unless placed in closing seconds. Significant difference. These are calculated, decisive, methodical shill bids placed. :)

28k?????? Wtf?????

Well if $28K will buy you that, then here is a bargain....who is willing to give me $50K? no resto required.

Attachments

• 100_0866.jpg
    100_0866.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 211
The whole thing seams weird , the price was up there , true the 63 are valued cause the JFK thing , but the vin plate was attached with screws instead of rivets ,, big red flag for me on that one !!

from all the looking we did on the JFk one it should be the way the door post vin was attached in that year. it's not the only vin on the car.

You are right ED I had a 68 Pontiac Superior ex military purchased at the Pennsylvania State auction had been in service at a state hospital. It had the regular door jamb plate I don't remember how it was attached but it had the Military big Vin and description plate on the right of the dash again if memory serves me it was attached to the glove box door.

the Dr John- BJ clone now owned by Alison showing the location of both tags. the military one is a reproduction brass one . the original would have been shinny tin and black paint. you look at the jams on this car and you see were some one painted everything. can't say who superior was one for cutting every corner they could.

Attachments

• 2011 1963 superior  JB auction interier.jpg
    2011 1963 superior JB auction interier.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 119
Back