1957 Ford F-100 ambulance

Not to get off topic, but to answer your question about Jim Page, he was the editor of Paramedics International which morphed into JEMs magazine later, I believe. Glen Hare owned Dyna-Med, and put out a publication called Emergency Product News, which Jim Page may have been a contributing editor or something, but I can't recall that Jim had a vested interest in Dyna-Med Corp.

Another 'tic' in the 'Superior' box?

I know we're going to let this one sit, but I do want to point out the matter of the stretcher.

At the time, all three manufacturers of ambulance stretchers were located in Ohio:
Ferno - Greenfield, OH
Washington - Washington Court House, OH
Bomgardner - Cleveland, OH
This would substantiate the prev. owner (and son's) claim "the Coach was built in Ohio". [not MISS. as I had surmised due to school bus equipment]. Everyone I spoke to said it WAS the orig. Gurney or stretcher.. Mike Mc might be able to reaffirm that 'story' when he spoke to them? I also heard the same story from the orig. Driver.
I will go back to digging up this old horse when the 'Snowbirds' clear out. Still waiting to reach the Ford Dealer and will search the crevices of the coach when time allows. Thanks Steve.

This would substantiate the prev. owner (and son's) claim "the Coach was built in Ohio". [not MISS. as I had surmised due to school bus equipment]. Everyone I spoke to said it WAS the orig. Gurney or stretcher.. Mike Mc might be able to reaffirm that 'story' when he spoke to them? I also heard the same story from the orig. Driver.
I will go back to digging up this old horse when the 'Snowbirds' clear out. Still waiting to reach the Ford Dealer and will search the crevices of the coach when time allows. Thanks Steve.
Kerry, again, not trying to knock you, but I was trying to point out that fact doesn't substantiate anything. It didn't matter whether the ambulance was built in Ohio, California, Maryland, or Alaska - the stretcher came from Ohio. I'm sure it is the original, it's unlikely it would have been changed.

Steve: Did the late James O. "Jim" Page AKA: "The Father of Paramedics", Retired LACoFD "BC" authenticity counsoler to Jack Webb and long-time PCS Member co-own DynaMed at one time? MM
Not to get off topic, but to answer your question about Jim Page, he was the editor of Paramedics International which morphed into JEMs magazine later, I believe. Glen Hare owned Dyna-Med, and put out a publication called Emergency Product News, which Jim Page may have been a contributing editor or something, but I can't recall that Jim had a vested interest in Dyna-Med Corp.
Mike, to the best of my knowledge, Jim was not involved with DynaMed - I've never heard of it. As Ken noted, Jim was editor/publisher of "JEMS" magazine, Glenn Hare was owner of what became "Emergency" magazine. Since they were direct competitors at one time in the magazine field, I don't think it's likely.

Back