Not really a pro car question but I need help again

last night the coil went out on my 1972 ford pickup f250 it has a 360 in it. i bought a new coil and new plug wires then i bought new points and condencer and cap about a week ago but today i bought the coil and wires i now can not get my truck to start. any ideas on what could be wrong???

Ok if you did not start and run the truck after putting the points in. you may have them gaped wrong. go back threw things make sure you have all you connection made and don't have a bad end on a wire. then re gap the points. if you don't have any equipment a east test is to remove a spark plug and reconnect it up to the wire. lay it on the intake so that it grounds out and spin the truck over. you ca see if you have spark. you have spark they see if someone borrowed the gas? it always best to only do one thing at a time. it takes longer but if your not a ace repair man then it's easier to put in points start the truck let it run and adjust them. then go to another thing. you get to much apart and you don't know were you went wrong, i have always found if your having trouble go to that last thing you did and see what you did wrong.

Ok if you did not start and run the truck after putting the points in. you may have them gaped wrong. go back threw things make sure you have all you connection made and don't have a bad end on a wire. then re gap the points. if you don't have any equipment a east test is to remove a spark plug and reconnect it up to the wire. lay it on the intake so that it grounds out and spin the truck over. you ca see if you have spark. you have spark they see if someone borrowed the gas? it always best to only do one thing at a time. it takes longer but if your not a ace repair man then it's easier to put in points start the truck let it run and adjust them. then go to another thing. you get to much apart and you don't know were you went wrong, i have always found if your having trouble go to that last thing you did and see what you did wrong.

Check you wires from the batt to the coil and the ign. switch to the coil. sometimes the new coil will be bad also. Check for current with a tester. Kenn

Back