wipers

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
got up the courage to crawl under the dash and string the wiper cables. a interesting system.what with the adjustment in the transmissions but we final got the right cable on the right drum and they work. now if the motor will only have enough power to run them. with the valves redone that should be vacuum now. a little video here https://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/date/2019-01-26/17:14:00 need a good day to hose the dust off this thing

Attachments

• IMG_9785.jpg
    IMG_9785.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 380
If you have changed the car to 12 volts you possibly could use a electric wiper motor from a 55-57 Chevy or Pontiac in place of the vacuum one. I know that those would work on a 54 Chevrolet as I did that swap a long time ago when I put a 383 Chrysler in one.

Motor also the same as 55 to 62 Corvette but they have gotton very pricey. Be great if China could do a repro. Also fits 55-56 Packard. Best part is you don't need a switch you use the existing cable to the vacume motor.

Hey are available in 6 volt for around 200 bucks. Vacuum wipers worked up to 56 they will work again. This car has the double pump on it. I might hide a vacuum can but thats about all. It's not like the car will! ever be a daily driver. We did reseal the wiper and it works good.

Back