multi-ID guessing time!

Seeing as I haven't made a fun post in a few weeks, you're in for a treat. In a stack of printed photos (hundreds) shown earlier this week, I saw numerous oddities and present them for your enjoyment.

Start off with an easy ID, ok?

dsc01204jz.jpg

dsc01197h.jpg

This one was made running easily enough, then sold, moving from TX to FL around '90. Quite solid. Wonder if it still exists?

Mid range level of difficulty. This happens to be my favorite picture of this set.

dsc01195zd.jpg

*cough cough*

What's that? Need it a little larger? Fine.

dsc01195b.jpg

Picture was taken from a yard in OK or KS in the late '80s. All of the cars were scrapped! :(

Onwards to a tough nut; with a degree of difficulty that may require Loftin-esque depth of knowledge:

dsc01196iy.jpg

Yes, it has jump seats. Yes, this is from the same yard as above where everything was scrapped.

Seeing as I haven't made a fun post in a few weeks, you're in for a treat. In a stack of printed photos (hundreds) shown earlier this week, I saw numerous oddities and present them for your enjoyment.

Start off with an easy ID, ok?

dsc01204jz.jpg

dsc01197h.jpg

This one was made running easily enough, then sold, moving from TX to FL around '90. Quite solid. Wonder if it still exists?
52 or 53 S&S.It was around in the late 90's as I left Florida for NC....If memory serves me correct this car was an endloader with a full flip bench seat in the rear as the FD that ordered wanted it as a family "road" car. I never saw interior pix to verify this but the last owner I knew of was a retired designer for GM and knew cars very well.
2s8im37.jpg

The flower car belonged to Pat Patten? a former PCS member.....I think this car was shown in Tulsa years ago.....Loftin would know if this is the car....

Well.....the limo had a feature I hadnt seen before.....wraparound rear glass....I hadta peruse the archives, I was thinking possibly a National, but the drip rail above doors says 1961 Cotner Bevington.....the car in the "foreground pic....I think Im gonna go with 60 Caddy convertible.....I need to get back to finishing some drywall hanging before it rains on it in the back of my truck........damn distractions........

Honestly, the limo stumps me. I'd never seen wrap around glass previously either.

Wouldn't a '60 convertible have the same fin shape as a '60 Coupe? They're oh-so-close; with one lacking molding holes. ;)

Dammit......Im not gettin drywall hung........grrrrrrr 59 -60 Eldorado Brougham?
Im REALLY gettin back to work now.....
345xz5x.jpg

Geez Cary - I just bowed in your general direction. Well done on those quarters.

You're also correct on the Brougham. Here are the remains of (presumably) #49, which is not in the registry:

dsc01023ya.jpg

Only kept around for the few parts remaining that may keep another of the 99 on the road. Pinin Farina set the fin trend for the succeeding years.

Onwards to a tough nut; with a degree of difficulty that may require Loftin-esque depth of knowledge:

Wow...now that's a compliment!

Keeping in mind that most of the builders in that period would build whatever a customer wanted and on any chassis, my experienced guess is: Possibly a National, but likely an Armbruster. The '61 C/Bs had solid "D" pillars and small (formal) rear windows:

http://www.desertclassics.com/questions.html (click on photos to enlarge)

Mid range level of difficulty. This happens to be my favorite picture of this set.

Picture was taken from a yard in OK or KS in the late '80s. All of the cars were scrapped! :(

1960 Futura; likely a combination. I don't recognize the yard or the collection, but that doesn't mean it wasn't in Oklahoma!

Yes, it has jump seats. Yes, this is from the same yard as above where everything was scrapped.

This picture reminds me of Hauf's in Stillwater, but I don't recognize any of the cars. Although still there, Hauf's has been seriously thinned out over the past 20 years. I can remember photographing many old procars there in the seventies and eighties...what fun!

There used to be a salvage yard in north central Kansas that specialized in Olds (and other GM) cars, but I can't remember the name of it or where it was. I should, though, because I bought an AM/FM/8-track stereo for my '74 Olds 54" there in 1991.

Keeping in mind that most of the builders in that period would build whatever a customer wanted and on any chassis, my experienced guess is: Possibly a National, but likely an Armbruster. The '61 C/Bs had solid "D" pillars and small (formal) rear windows:

http://www.desertclassics.com/questions.html (click on photos to enlarge)

Steve, I hadnt considered Stageway.....but I looked at their 62 Chevy 4 door limo brochure and no raised "driprail" above the side doors. I agree I had only seen "formal" Cotington limos....remember during this time period CB was still getting styling down pat as evidenced by some roofline differences in the 60-62 time frame. Sadly so few pics exist of Stageways and Nationals of this era. This limo sadly is gone....I love the rear glass no matter who made it!

Whats sad is I cant tell the difference between 1980-1989 Cadillacs... 9 years of the same styling with a mild refreshing from 90-92.....

the limo has the superior look to me. sage way did not mess with the roof. and in those years CB was up and running but i don't remember seeing any smooth door trim form them. most all I have see are ribbed. but in father checking my pictures it's most likely just the way it shows in a pictures. and it's a 61 cb limo just like this one. except for the rear roof treatment.

Attachments

• 1961  CB limo.jpg
    1961 CB limo.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 95
dsc01195zd.jpg

The blue limo-style in the background looks like a Miller, the driver's door angle at the top is specific to Miller... but from the windshield it's post '56 so it would be an early M-M?

Last edited:
Back