darn plistic

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
now we have done it. took the 96 to Rapid the other day to check on things. get some grub the normal monthly stuff. now I did run it threw the car wash as it only been uncovered one this summer. but I swear this piece was on the car win we left rapid. but it's not now. I have seen these laying on the interstate. wondering how you loose half of one. now I know. keep your eyes pealed for one in the yard. my guess is I would have to buy the whole bumper to get one. there is nothing new out there. they all same to brake at the reflector as that is the weak point. it plastic not rubber.

Attachments

• IMG_4283.jpg
    IMG_4283.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 210
I would go back to the car wash to see if it got torn off while going through the brushes. If they still have it, then you can plastic weld it back together. Very hard piece to find NOS.

darn car washes

Ed, my eldest son ran his car through the wash also on Sunday. Ripped the entire drivers tail light housing out of the vehicle. $430. for a new one. No replacements at pick and pull.
Fortunately the wiring harness was not damaged, just the holding pins broken off. Dropped it off with me, and after two hours of thought, part of an old credit card and 1/2 a plastic drape anchor, industrial Velcro on the inner aspect of the housing and all is good until the budget can face a permanent fix.

Yep, I've broken that one. I've had a lot of little fixes with those rub strips. Those back ones, the piece that goes through the hole in the bumper gets brittle and breaks off and then it's real easy for something to catch on those corners. I'd bet ya anything it's in that car wash.

Was pleasantly surprised to find, after someone hit and ran and smashed the front corner one on mine, they sell those new still.

Been looking see new prices from 100 to 450 but it's old info yet cant find any one with on in stock. If i do I'm urethane ing the front corners to the facebar. Went back to the car wash and did not find it. But my guess is that is what finished off the cast in clip. There is at least one at the pick and pull in rapid. We'll check next time we go up still rather get a new one for it if i can. But not 500 bucks worth.

I have a couple in the yard problem is you gotta pull the bumper to even hope to get it off in one piece. I won't be able to go look until Friday. If I have a busted one one with left end good I can pop it off and you can reattach with double sided tape. You have the skill for a good seam I know. Be back to you Friday.

Back