The results of a Sunday afternoon....

James Fischer

PCS Member
This past week end after installing the door hinge pins and alignment of the doors on the 70 Superior......we mixed it up a bit on Sunday and put a new noisemaker on the 72 Superior.....NOW she looks like a REAL ambulance.....with no issues for once as far as installation goes..thanks again to previous posts here on the board !!!....:thumbsu

th_300_zps975ee0ea.jpg

301_zps0657daa5.jpg

bth_298_zpsd63c1f5d.jpg

Last edited:
is it the angle of the shot or is the nose up on it. the slope base is hard to get level. on the flat roof. 1/2 inch aluminum square tubing at the hardware store will stack nicely picking it up but it fills the hole nicely between the speakers

is it the angle of the shot or is the nose up on it. the slope base is hard to get level. on the flat roof. 1/2 inch aluminum square tubing at the hardware store will stack nicely picking it up but it fills the hole nicely between the speakers

Your right Ed,it does tilt up a bit.......actually I think it should be on a flat style mount...but I havent seen one lately for sale....along with a Superior mount for the 70 I will put a flat mount on the list to look for........ when I come across one...I will buy it and change it over.....but she is solid as a rock for now.....:thumbsup:

Your right Ed,it does tilt up a bit.......actually I think it should be on a flat style mount...but I havent seen one lately for sale....along with a Superior mount for the 70 I will put a flat mount on the list to look for........ when I come across one...I will buy it and change it over.....but she is solid as a rock for now.....:thumbsup:

I understood from Paul they are supposed to tilt back a bit to allow water to drain. If you need a flat mount I may have one and can check my stock.

one can use anything for a spacer. lots of chrome tubes out there that you could cut for legs. just be sure and put a large washer under them. the key would be to square up the face of the siren with the sign from a side view. you have it center nicely. it's funny how small things make a sharp car off. done correctly they can move a mediocre car in to the nice looking class also. crooked lights and sirens tilted up or down can really a sidetrack a car

I understood from Paul they are supposed to tilt back a bit to allow water to drain. If you need a flat mount I may have one and can check my stock.

Richard,
I have heard that myself about it tilting a bit for drainage.....in fact I have a friend who has a enlarged photo on the wall of the company I worked for .....showing their "fleet" of ambulances from a front shot and 4 of the 8 ambulances have the Q TILTED,1 has a FLAT BASE 1 is a B&M, and the other 2 are M+M's.....so I dont know really what is going on ....at least going by this particular photo.....
Thank you for your offer by the way...:)

Your memory is failing... I said that they should point downward slightly to allow for drainage. With all sirens, after you wash the car or drive in the rain, you should engage the siren momentarly to allow it to "spin" dry.

There are tow flat mounting bases for the Federal Q... one is rectangular, and accomodates the braking mechanism in it, and the other is triangular, that is used for the Q that have the brake mechanism mounted higher on the siren.

Your memory is failing... I said that they should point downward slightly to allow for drainage.

No it's your memory that is failing. Tilted forward makes no sense. There is no way for it to drain that way. Must be hell getting old!

I mounted mine to correspond with your recommendations clearly showing a slight tilt backwards. We all know "When Paul speaks, we all listen". :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_8750.jpg
    IMG_8750.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 278
I would think that a slight (intentional) pin hole at the factory or later.... (that M-M didn't do) with their door bottoms that always rusted out... might be a better long term solution? It would also save everyone at shows always asking why your siren isn't level?.... because you know they will! MM

if one stops to thing about it the only thing you need to drain is the back cover and it's slotted on the bottom. still remember the 70 at the last meet. the bullet lights were off. will really it the was the front of the raised roof that was off. but it spaced the lights to close to the sign on one side. superior did it. it would be kind of a difficult process to alter. but if you stood in front of the car it was like a man with a broken nose. all you noticed was the lights were off. we do over restore our cars but then so does everyone else in the collector category

Back