curtain rod holders

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we find our selves short 6 of the ends for the 63 project. two that I do have are corroded bent and broken. as far as I know superior used the same part up threw the 70s stuff at least. don't need the centers just 6 ends. they are all Pot so they are all rough. rough is better then missing. anyone got any drop me a PM at jer57747@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_1137a.jpg
    IMG_1137a.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 184
My 63 Superior has the curved back side glass. The curtain rods & retainers are missing. What do these guys look like?

Rods

My 63 Superior has the curved back side glass. The curtain rods & retainers are missing. What do these guys look like?

Pics of my 62 probably the same style. I ,ll get a better pic when I get some time.

Attachments

• DSC05835.jpg
    DSC05835.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 62 back.jpg
    62 back.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 178
Can you do pics of the door rods also.

John, I have the clips you need, pulled from a 63 Superior. I want to see if I need these for my 63 Superior lanau

I gave Mark van Arnam a whole bag of those with Miamitown, it's missing several... bought them from Danny in Hudson and there is a bunch of them! If Russ needs all of his spares you may want to follow up with Mark.

I've got curtain rod holders for you. I'll throw 6 ends in the mail on Monday. If you need to replace the rods, Superior used automotive stainless steel gas lines. Jim

the crown has the swags not the airline style so it has two rods on top. so twice the hardware.
the other thing I'm looking for is a pictures of how they went on the lower side of the quarter glass. we have the air line style on this car. I have found all the holes for the top and I feel for certain that the holes on the bottom went into the panel just under the glass. but having rebuilt that one on both ends I and then recovering it I can't locate the holes. I have a few interior shots but as normal they are rather vague when taken for the rear. most of this hardware was off the car when Brendon got it. and the rods he got make no sense to me positioning them on the car and looking at the pictures I have. but they are only a 5/16 rod so getting stock and cutting it down is easy enough for them. we can make a end mount the same style but it would not look like the others. we need twenty ends ten centers. the small glass on this one doesn't have a curtain. guess the next step is to dig threw that box and see what we have there.

the center hooks all go up on the top and down on the bottom to streach the rods and keep the curtain tight.

OK just to finish this up. thanks Jim for the tip on the gas or brake line knew it was something like that as they are hollow. but this set is just steel. the rods for the doors on this car are 41 inches long the rear door top is 42. broke out the curtains to check them out and there is a set for each window. this car has a rod that goes from the back door to the side door and two sets of curtains are on it. it uses two ends and two hooks to hold each rod in place. three curtain panels each side with the small back one snapped to the rear pillar. so Jim if you can put in 6 ends and two hooks Brendon owes you. I get out there again and we'll do coffee on me. if the rods aren't 41 inches or longer don't spend the money sending them I can get them here

Attachments

• IMG_1172a.jpg
    IMG_1172a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 86
thanks

I want to thanks the guys that dropped off some of these for this project. we owe you one. Jim Saruk was first with 6 ends and 4 centers. that gave me all most enough but with the lower side rod using up 4 centers bottom and 3 top I was still short centers and ends. so this morning the mail lady drop off a box from cold water, Ms 38618. dang no name and my roster doesn't show. so
thanks Jim and who ever you are for pulling my chest nuts out of the fire.

A little detective work on my part and I came up with the name associated with that zip code... Chris Elzie

Jim and Chris, thanks once again for helping me out with the curtain rod holders. I'm at a loss for words here, (not something that happens often, ask my wife, friends, co-workers etc..), the willingness of people to help another member in this club is like nothing I have ever seen. I needed a chrome cross, Paul had one in the mail days later. Atti, and Steve L. with the cabinet, and Ed taking on this monster of a job. Chris, thanks again for your help. Our cars are rare and odd at times, we are fortunate to have a group like this.

Back