Lights Wanted, Airline-Style Curtains too!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I just bought my latest procar and I was wondering if anyone has what I need. It is a 1977 Miller Meteor limo-style combination. I would like to get a period correct beacon, red grille lights, reversible spotlights and white airline style curtains for it. If you have any of these items, please let me know what you have and how much you want to sell them for.

The car is not here yet, it may be a week, or so. I will put some pix up as soon as I can. Do you have a picture of it?

I can fix you up with some NOS spotlights. I know that I have a spare 1977 tail lamp. What is your intentions with this car? Is it going to stay a combination, or is it going to become a low top ambulance? I also have a few spare sirens. Might you be interested in a Federal C6BR roof mounted siren. It is fully restored by Mr. Dorgan and waiting for a new home so I have room to put something else on that shelf. :thankyou2:

I can fix you up with some NOS spotlights. I know that I have a spare 1977 tail lamp. What is your intentions with this car? Is it going to stay a combination, or is it going to become a low top ambulance? I also have a few spare sirens. Might you be interested in a Federal C6BR roof mounted siren. It is fully restored by Mr. Dorgan and waiting for a new home so I have room to put something else on that shelf. :thankyou2:

I was not planning to change anything, but I like it to look like an ambulance. So, please let me know how much I will owe you. Thank you very much!

I have a spare red, Federal Model 14, series A4 in really good shape that I'll let go for $25 plus shipping if you want it.

Thank you Bruce! Forgive me, but I do not know anything about lights. I assume that you are describing a demountable beacon? If that is correct, I will take It!

Model 14

Here is what a Model 14 looks like.

100508motorcyclerun019.jpg

I would say your car would used more like a Beacon-Ray, model 184 or even a 184CJ if you are looking to also ad a siren speaker in one install

Here is a shot of a184CJ light
1971mmvol032010006.jpg

Here is some Beacon-Rays
PaloAlto69MM101908014.jpg

Here is a shot of a 184
12-09-07dayatKurtsGarageNenaWi025.jpg

A Model 14 would not even be remotely close to original equipment, which was most likely a Model 17 or one of the 170 series lights. The 14 would have a flat bottom on the base, and quite frankly would look like hell on a beautiful car like a Cadillac.

My huimble opinion based on the facts as I know them, guided by years of experience in dealing with lights. Fire Away!!!

Looks like Bruce and I were posting at the same time, like minds and all. I've been away from here for a few weeks, figure I might as well jump right back in and stir it up a bit.

In my opinion, the '75-up cars - with their rectangular headlights - lend themselves well to the 184H-D Power Light beacons (see photo below). While they're not easy to find, a 184H could be converted into a "D".

Most downsized combinations I've seen had either a 175-D or a 17-D on it. Remember when looking at 17-Ds that you'll need the larger-frame version (same size skirt and dome as a four-bulb) that was introduced in 1968.

The most popular siren on a combination of this era was a PA-15 Director, usually used with a TS-24 speaker(s). A GR-24 was used when space was tight. Keep in mind that the Federal logo changed in 1975, so whatever beacon or siren you use should have the newer plate.

Attachments

• 184H-D 001.jpg
    184H-D 001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back