'47 Flxible service car

NOPE!! i have this for DUKW hunting..:14_6_12:

TiffCamara058.jpg

not bad but he wheels will get you in trouble in the marsh. the track one is better. there both subs in rough water.

6 wheel drive plus a HUGE prop in the back.. and i laugh when " air ride suspension" came out a few years ago!!! Really a NEW thing!!!! look at the bars by the wheels,, and Air hoses!! the Dukw has the ability to "air down" or "Air UP" depending on the Beach landing!!! Sand verse hard pack land! 40's technology!! built for the Military then for civilian Use!! lol:festive:

i GOT it!!! pick up next week!! i love the ODD stuff!! i'm pretty sure its going to be REALLY RUFF,, so my expectations are not so high!!

frtview.jpg

dash.jpg

drdash.jpg

floors.jpg

floors2.jpg

IMG00861-20120403-1845.jpg

47flx6c.jpg

47flx6.jpg

47flx6b.jpg

looks like another one being saved,, he does ratrods/hot rods!! too bad i junked a complete buick last year,, with motor/trans!!:smiley_w_ballbat:

a FULL photo shoot will be in order when i get it back,, for some "before pictures" and for historical reasons and documentation,, whats the storry on the Flxible company? i know they built buses etc. any more cool pics of these rolling works of art??? they are beautiful!!

Last edited:
i GOT it!!! pick up next week!! i love the ODD stuff!! i'm pretty sure its going to be REALLY RUFF,, so my expectations are not so high!!

Original for sale ad elsewhere has been updated stating that this has not sold and is still available. Either that was an accident or you didn't acquire it as stated. If the latter, why not relay change of plans since being so public in first place Jeff?

i got slammed at work(commercial landscaping) and RAIN(OHIO), and i had 3 cars come in for sandblasting this past week, plus tns of parts, i tried to send deposit, or paypal,, he didnt want to,, oh well, the soonest i could get there is mon/tuesday.. aahh SPRING TIME!!
thats the scoop.:893USA-Smilie-thumb

he was also gone all last week,, he came west to KY, and i offered more then $1 per mile to ship it here.(remember no motor no trans). didnt want to load his empty trailer. this way.

front cross member at least is completely rusted out. gone

tough to get away for a full day..:drive2:
jc

I saw this car on the site it was originally posted on,does anyone know its current location? I was very interested just couldn't scrape up the cash for shipping at the time.

Wow if I was that Cochran guy I would be interested as this is a piece of his family business history. I wonder what he would think if he knew it still existed.

I'll tell you what Cochran FH thought: indifference.

After Keith supplied their name, numerous people here called that funeral home to tell them. They could care less one way or the other.

Man no paperwork? That wasn't mentioned in the previous for sale add. It is a 1 of 1 isn't it or the last known of its kind? Hmmm I wonder what the chances of being able to get a title are?

I know it's near impossible to get in Ohio, my 48 roadmaster got sent down the road to a new owner because I couldn't get a title for it. I could have paid a title company $780 for one but that was $280 more than I paid for the car and for what the car needed It was better off going to the new guy that parted it out.

A head's up for you, I don't know of a title company in the U.S. that'll even deal with an Ohio transaction. Even Broadway Title (one of the biggest) will tell you once they learn you're in Ohio and say "We deal with 49 of the 50 states... and Ohio isn't one of them"
Glad you already know from experience not to mess with cars without titles unless it's a parts car!

I'm glad we have not got to that point. but you think titles are hard in Ohio. try to add a can of r12 to your limo. or just get the air fixed on one with r-12 in it. it was going to cost me more to do something with the r-12 then it was to repair the the problem.

A new title in Kansas is easy, but the car has to be here to get the ID plate inspected, ran on NCIC (to make sure it is not stolen), in addition to a bill of sale, and that's all. New legal title comes in the mail in 3 weeks.

Back