New Self-Service Yard

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Stumbled onto a new self-service salvage yard today in my part of the world with a vintage section. The '67 Cad was pretty much complete, except the carb. The blue '76 has a rust-free L/F fender, which I bought for $40.

Attachments

• cad 1.jpg
    cad 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 554
  • cad 2.jpg
    cad 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 547
  • cad 3.jpg
    cad 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 549
Need anthing for your '67 Ed?

I saw at least 5-'67 Cads, 3-'68 Cads, 2-'69 Cads, and 3-'70 Cads today in addition to many other years.

The arm rest is off a midsize gm car like a malib
Jon if you have a a power antenna all ready most any fender mount will go on. The big thing is the fender bezel and the lower bracket and you have them. But first make sure it just not a dirty conection or the plug has come apart.

Actually I also need a blue front passenger arm rest

You can buy the plastic arm rest bases(black) and pads in any color that you want. Both are being reproduced. I bought a pair of red arm rest pads a couple of years ago. I will have to dig to find out where.

I'd be interested to know the condition of the hood lip mouldings on those 68s

You will not find one that is perfect. 2 of the '68s still had their hood lip moldings and someone had, obviously, grabbed the molding off of the third car. 1 of those 2 had a crack dead-center, as most will. The other molding amazingly had no cracks, but it was dented. That hood was chained(yes) and wired down and had obviously not been opened since being in that yard. The nipper that I had with me was not stout enough to cut the heavy wire and it was closing time at the yard. I was going to grab that one, but will have to do it next trip.

I could you both headlamp bezels from a 1978 Caddy, if you come across one. They are plastic, and they get broken if you are not careful removing them. Also could use the center radio section covering in "burnt orange".
thanks Paul

I could you both headlamp bezels from a 1978 Caddy, if you come across one. They are plastic, and they get broken if you are not careful removing them. Also could use the center radio section covering in "burnt orange".
thanks Paul

The '75 & '76 Cadillacs had the same issue with the headlight bezels. They are equally flimsy and break easily. The chrome also bubbles and peels. I grab the good ones whenever I find them.

Too bad I didn't know of your need for the '77-'79 bezels previously. I have probably seen at least 6 of them in Pick-N-Pull yards in the past year. I don't pay much attention to those years of Cadillacs as they share virtually nothing with the '76 and older Cads.

I'd be interested to know the condition of the hood lip mouldings on those 68s

Blake,
I found a good hood lip molding today in Junction City, KS. Unfortunately, the yard wants to keep the molding with the hood. Innitially, he said that he would sell it, then changed his mind. The hood is in good shape. The yard is called "Easy Jacks" and he has 4 or 5 '68 Cadillacs being parted out.

Blake,
I found a good hood lip molding today in Junction City, KS. Unfortunately, the yard wants to keep the molding with the hood. Innitially, he said that he would sell it, then changed his mind. The hood is in good shape. The yard is called "Easy Jacks" and he has 4 or 5 '68 Cadillacs being parted out.

Well I DO have a hole in my hood, so depending what they want for it maybe I could use that too. Not sure how hard it is to replace a hood

The arm rest is off a midsize gm car like a malib
Jon if you have a a power antenna all ready most any fender mount will go on. The big thing is the fender bezel and the lower bracket and you have them. But first make sure it just not a dirty conection or the plug has come apart.

I just need the mast. A gremlin bent the mast when it was up.

Just called asking if they had any hood lip mouldings for a 68. Said no, but he might have a good hood. Sounds like he really wants to hold onto that moulding. I didnt press further, but I may call back another day and see how much hes asking for the hood (if its got a moulding attached). But I imagine the cost of a hood and shipping is going to be more than I can do in any case.

I may be better off just fixing my hole with some filler or something and holding out for just a moulding

You messed up. You should have told him that I told you about the hood/molding. Now he's going to think they are in big demand. If you do talk to him again, tell him that I told you about it. He is not inexpensive as it is! He initially quoted $75 on the molding.

Back