broken stud

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
got a set of original manifolds for the Pinner with the normal rusty studs still in there. someone has replace 2 of them in the past but the other 4 were almost gone. a little heat and tender twisting got 3 of them out. but the last one snapped. the advantage was I had them loose. so it's nothing to loose lets try kind of thing. found a nut with a big enough hole to get the wire feed i to weld on the stud. then start with a good bead on the stud and build it up threw the nut.let the color go off before you do anything. the experts say let it cool completely but i find they will come out easily enough with a shot of penetrate on the back side. the heat tends to suck the oil down threw the threads. to remove it wiggle it slowly back and forth till it frees up and spines out. of course I'm only showing you this because it worked. had it just twisted out lower one would have to make the call to try again. or drill and tap. the wire will not stick to the cast. so I have seen one down in the hole successfully removed this way.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 278
Back