For Sale 1968 S&S Ambulance

Is this car a Park Row combination, modified to look like an ambulance?

Richard - Is this car a genuine Parkway ambulance, or a Park Row combination modified to look like an ambulance?

Steve........

Specifically, what are the differences between a Park Row and a Parkway, other than one being a combination and the other being an ambulance?

Steve........

Specifically, what are the differences between a Park Row and a Parkway, other than one being a combination and the other being an ambulance?

Those are the differences.

A Park Row is a limousine style funeral car with a painted roof. (The Park Hill is also a limousine style hearse or combination, but with a padded cobra top.)

A Parkway is a lowtop ambulance.

Is the interior of the vehicle the same except for the rollers and/or cot bar?

Is the interior of the vehicle the same except for the rollers and/or cot bar?

A combination would've had reversible floor panels; an ambulance, a flat floor. (Many ambulances, and some combinations, had an optional under-floor stretcher storage compartment at the rear.)

An ambulance would've had partition cabinetry. A combination would have a hearse-style partition, but with a single compartment (fold-down door) on the passenger side, as standard equipment.

I had one other member ask me about doing the conversion from a combo to a ambulance thing. they felt they had to keep on the QT about it. but really this was a standard practice. it would do nothing to detract from the value of the car if it origins were known. a combination car dressed up and equipped as a ambulance for use as a ambulance is just fine. condition of the car is were the value lays. heritage is only spice. secrets only add confusion and cloud the issue. a combination car converted to ambulance use is good. it's still a combo. a sharp car is a sharp car and will stand out in it's class. no need to call it other then what it is. a number of combos had the flat floor with the fasteners in it for the removable rack. ordered that way as the buyer never intend to use it as a Hearse, my CB is a example of one. I don't recall seeing a S&S that way but I would guess they would do as requested by the consumer.

me I don't know what to call a Hearse converted to a ambulance? if you did a total conversion. tunnel light and cabinets I'm guessing it would be a conversion. we have two of these in the group. along with a number of combos dressed up and converted for ambulance use.

It's the same car I saw in Kingston 2000 International meet?!? The interior was re-done then!

see at 5:52m

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDwaE2_Cik[/ame]

Video

I did see a shot of it on the video. I still have some of the equipment that was shown on the video.

Would really like to sell it if someone would make me an offer!!!:Exclamation:

Back