1954 Chevrolet Ambulance-Kelowna, BC

Tim....
Now lets think what we are saying here...
I've met you and your a great guy,and I'm sure if I asked you to pick me up a part just off of Macleod Trail you wouldn't think twice about it.....

BUT

I have been reading the Calgary Herald and I know you guys are in the middle of a blizzard with record snow falls and MINUS 28 degrees Celsius. I can't see you jumping in a car and driving to Kelowna BC to check this car out.

Your friend in hot Australia
Doug

Doug you are so right Alberta is in the midst of a blizzard, However these folks in our western provinces call it a snow dusting, and off they go,nothing seems to deter them from doing whats gotta be done, they played the Canadian football league's Grey Cup in temperatures that fell well below zero in an uncovered stadium in Regina Saskatchewan, while the rest of us froze watching them.So if he says he would go check it out trust me he would:fr2::bitterCold:

he has more pride in the light then the car. so what is our best guess for converter?

The siren light having a rear facing red lens/light is an interesting option. I don't see this as being a $500 differance in value, but to the seller who probably has little to no experiance in values of these items, it is nothing more than a guess. All too often, sellers are like the contestants on "The Price is Right".. no idea, but throw out something and hope that you will score big and go home a winner....

Attachments

• chevy1.jpg
    chevy1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 574
  • chevy2.jpg
    chevy2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 509
I agree, PCS members are like the post office, nothing will stop us from checking out a pro car. Ive also drive in whiteout conditions across the state to check out a coach, no biggie.
Ive seen that setup (or a similar one) before. Here is the one on the 1961 Cotner/Bevington Olds Seville in my area we have discussed before.
1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 5.jpg

Tim....
Now lets think what we are saying here...
I've met you and your a great guy,and I'm sure if I asked you to pick me up a part just off of Macleod Trail you wouldn't think twice about it.....

BUT

I have been reading the Calgary Herald and I know you guys are in the middle of a blizzard with record snow falls and MINUS 28 degrees Celsius. I can't see you jumping in a car and driving to Kelowna BC to check this car out.

Your friend in hot Australia
Doug

YIKES!! I guess I need to clean my glaases. Kelowna would be a bit of a trek, particularly in this weather. Doug, so you do not miss home in Calgary too much, it was -28 C without the wind chill, -36 with wind this morning. A 25 minute drive home yesterday took 1 1/2 hours. Yeah, but it is a "dry" cold.

I'm not much of a believer in this "Dry Cold" you speak of Tim. It's -47 here in Lethbridge tonight with the the windchill. No matter how you describe it, it's COLD!!! LOL.

Back