The oldest private ambulance company in America

Trying to figure out who is still in operations of the oldest private Ambulance company in the United States our family company Newman’s Ambulance has been a standalone private company since August 21 of 1939 and trying to find out if there’s any that are are older than 80 years old still owned and operating in the same family.??

Hi Ken
I believe we may have been the oldest continuous operating family run service.
Lyons Ambulance Service, Danvers MA. We sold to family owned Cataldo Ambulance the end of August 2017 . Lyons was started by my great grandfather in 1904.

Congratulations on your longevity!

Kevin Lyons

Oldest Private Ambulance Company In America

It has to be King-American Ambulance Company in San Francisco . They have been continuously operating since 1906 .

Trying to figure out who is still in operations of the oldest private Ambulance company in the United States our family company Newman’s Ambulance has been a standalone private company since August 21 of 1939 and trying to find out if there’s any that are are older than 80 years old still owned and operating in the same family.??

Hi Ken, welcome! I assume that you are related to Donnie Newman of the Newman's Ambulance Service. If so, I know that you guys have a vintage ambulance collection that we would enjoy seeing pictures of, if you would like to share them with us. BTW, you guys bought your 67 Miller Meteor Classic 48 "South Hackensack, NJ" ambulance from me.

Back