2011 International Meet attendee poll / question

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
I'm going to try contacting the drive-in movie theater to see if we can get special procar related movies for the procar night at the drive-in during the international meet in Hudson, Ohio.

Before contacting the movie theater about this, I want to be able to let them know how many of us will be attending. If a lot of us are going, we may have a better chance at getting a special double feature on one of the screens.

To help you answer the question below, here are some facts:
-The procar night at the drive-in will be on Thursday, July 14 near Hudson, Ohio.
-The drive-in movie theater is 30 minutes away from the host hotel.
-The drive-in movie theater admission is $16 PER CARLOAD. For that $16, you get admission to the double feature for everyone that's in your car.
-You may get gravel dust on your car, but that's part of the fun at the drive-in.
-There probably will be a brief sound and light show before the movies start (they usually do that for our group).

So here's the important question(s) that I need meet attendees to answer (even if you're planning on attending, but haven't officially registered yet):

Are you planning on coming to the drive-in movies?

If you're going to the drive-in, are you driving your own car to it or riding with a friend? (this can be daily driver or procar)

If you are bringing your own car to the drive-in, can you estimate how many passengers you will have?

The sooner everyone can answer these questions, the sooner I can start talking to the drive-in about this. Please reply to this thread with your answers. Thanks and see you in Hudson!!!!!

Are you planning on coming to the drive-in movies? Yep!:toocool:

If you're going to the drive-in, are you driving your own car to it or riding with a friend? (this can be daily driver or procar) Driving my pro-car!:boo::17875:

If you are bringing your own car to the drive-in, can you estimate how many passengers you will have? Who ever wants to ride with me!:respect::fart1:

Yes, I plan on the movie, in my pro car, with 2-3 people as now.

Still waiting for my vacation to be approved, hope all turns out well.

Sarah

Would you need to bring a portable radio along if your car doesn't have a radio in it ?
I'm sure there are not many drive-ins with those window speaker units any longer.

That would be good to post on the official site too for those not on this forum.

Anyway, I plan on going with my hearse. 2 people at this point.

Another thing that may be a lot of fun... would be a game of...
How many people can you stuff into a procar before entering the drive-in !

Thanks for all you are doing to make this meet fun and different this year,
Darren

Yep - I forgot one thing. The drive-in doesn't have speaker boxes. You will need an FM radio. The best thing to do is bring a boombox or something similar so you don't have to worry about a dead car battery after the movies.

During good weather, we usually all bring chairs and sit outside near the cars in a big group listening to the audio on a portable radio. Remember to bring bug spray! If it rains, we just pile in the cars and watch the movies together that way.

Sarah

Would you need to bring a portable radio along if your car doesn't have a radio in it ?
I'm sure there are not many drive-ins with those window speaker units any longer.

That would be good to post on the official site too for those not on this forum.

Anyway, I plan on going with my hearse. 2 people at this point.

Another thing that may be a lot of fun... would be a game of...
How many people can you stuff into a procar before entering the drive-in !

Thanks for all you are doing to make this meet fun and different this year,
Darren

Good piont about the speakers.
As for your game, I once had 33 people (including me) in my 60 Superior 3 way. I do not recommend this, I broke two leaf springs.

IF I make it out there, I would love to do the movie night, my pro-car, and two people.

I have three part-time jobs and recently applied for another. My attendance will depend on what jobs I have at the time, so pre-registering is still too early to tell yet. I need to win the lotto!

LOL, thanks Richard. Believe me, I'd much rather have only one job, but I have bills to pay and weird things to spend money on.

Either way, I'm really going to do my best to get out there to meet everyone. Sarah, thank you for organizing a bunch of these things!

I stole Danny Rider's anwer!

Copied and pasted Danny's reply!

Movies yes, pro car yes, people minimum 2 and who ever might want to ride

Thanks!
Rick
:peek-a-boo:

I'm not bringing a Pro Car to Ohio, since Ron didn't bring a Pro Car to Albany.. I think I will arrive on a Boeing 747. Is there room in the parking lot for it??

I'm not bringing a Pro Car to Ohio, since Ron didn't bring a Pro Car to Albany.. I think I will arrive on a Boeing 747. Is there room in the parking lot for it??

1. Important thing: I CAME! :festive:
2. To make up for it I am bringing 5 to this one! :071:

Back