1963 Cadillac S&S Landau Three-Way Interior Lights

Hello Folks,

I am looking for information, and hoping for photos, of the interior lights from the casket compartment area that came originally on my coach, described in the post title. I have been told that S&S was on the 'plainer' side, and so may not have had sconces with lighting on the main panel to the inside of the landau mounts. However, I can see that there used to be a light on either side, just to the rear of the opposing suicide door. The original wiring is there, but no other clues. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Lights

Hello Folks,

I am looking for information, and hoping for photos, of the interior lights from the casket compartment area that came originally on my coach, described in the post title. I have been told that S&S was on the 'plainer' side, and so may not have had sconces with lighting on the main panel to the inside of the landau mounts. However, I can see that there used to be a light on either side, just to the rear of the opposing suicide door. The original wiring is there, but no other clues. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Some pics from a 62 S&S should be the same . I have a cousin to your 63 in my 61 S&S.

Attachments

• 56_3.jpg
    56_3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 109
  • fc_3.jpg
    fc_3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01498.jpg
    DSC01498.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC02508.jpg
    DSC02508.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 108
Thank you, Mr. Scully! Your photos are of a great help. It appears that a previous owner after Halverson and Leavitt Funeral Home did not alter the large side panels from original (which I am grateful for)!
However, I am missing the round light fixtures at this point.
Mine has some crazy upholstery going on, and I questioned its originality, but looking at the way it is mounted and the (marginal) condition it is in, I lean towards belief in its originality. I will have to post some photos later to illustrate.
Lovely 62, by the way. I believe the original color of mine was close to that pictured. The previous owner painted her flat black, for a 'rat rod' look.

PS, New to the site, so I am not sure how to 'thank' you in the statistically relevant sense that shows on forum stats...

Last edited:
Dome Light

Here is a pic of a reproduction dome light for mid 60 Dodge cars , pretty close to what it had if you can not find any originals.

Attachments

• S-EF3916_800.jpg
    S-EF3916_800.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 104
Melissa

Dan is a huge help for info and parts on this site.

For THANKS, just click the little oval button on the right side bottom of the box that says THANKS in every post.

Now that you are a site supporter, you can post photos of your car. We would love to see it now and as you restore it.

Welcome to the club,
Darren

Interior Upholstery Originality

What does the group feel about this interior? Might it be original?

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 87
However, I am missing the round light fixtures at this point.

If you post a picture of the light fixture, along with a tape measure showing its size, I might be able to identify exactly what the fixture is, and a reproduction might be available. Pictures of what you have, or what you are looking for are required 99% of the time, to get accurate results.

Thank you, Martyn. I really am fond of the interior, and have made repairs and cleaned it as necessary. Given its age, it is in relatively good shape. I bet the black/metallic silver really looked striking with the original burgundy paint.

You're welcome Melissa. It's great that your interior has survived and is cleaning up nicely. It would have looked very classy with the original paint color.

The correct light fixtures and lenses were just '55-'60 Chevy dome lights (same as the light fixture in your headliner) and reproductions are readily available from any of the aftermarket Chevrolet vendors -

Melissa,
IMHO, that is the best interior fabric that S&S ever offered! You have a good one there!

This pair of lamps would look much better on your sail panels! I removed this pair from the sail panels on a '64 Cadillac Fleetwood. I believe that Cadillac used the same lamps on both '63 and '64 Fleetwoods. The chrome rings measure approximately 4" in diameter. These are available, if interested.

Attachments

• 64 Fleetwood Lamps.jpg
    64 Fleetwood Lamps.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 55
Melissa,
I can see the "ghost" of your original fixtures in your interior photo. Take a measurement of that ring so we can get an idea of the diameter of the originals.

Melissa,
I can see the "ghost" of your original fixtures in your interior photo. Take a measurement of that ring so we can get an idea of the diameter of the originals.

Kurt, the '63-'64 Fleetwood courtesy lamps are a smaller diameter than the correct items for the S&S.

Back