1967 MM Cadillac Hearse American Legion

Just brought home this vehicle and was trying to learn about it's history if anyone can help. I got it from Detroit, originally from Wisconsin. It still has American Legion emblems, painted over on doors. Body #67684. It's an end-loader, crinkle top.

Does anyone have info on this beauty I'm going to rebuild?

Just brought home this vehicle and was trying to learn about it's history if anyone can help. I got it from Detroit, originally from Wisconsin. It still has American Legion emblems, painted over on doors. Body #67684. It's an end-loader, crinkle top.

Does anyone have info on this beauty I'm going to rebuild?

where in detroit

Russ

the S&S models were easier to track as they always had the first owners name on the ID plack. none of the others were marked. the shear number of cars sold and Homes they could have gone to would make it impossible to id with only the year and make. we have a policy that only site supporters can post pictures here as the web site is funded by the people here not the main club. but you could link to one of the host sites if you have one. it is possible that someone could Id the car from a pictures. we have a lot of members who have large collections of photos .

the S&S models were easier to track as they always had the first owners name on the ID plack.

Actually some of the S&S builder plates had the original owners name on them as large numbers of them were built merely for dealer stock. Only the custom orders had an original purchasers name on them. I have in the past seen a few plates with the selling dealers name on it, but an equally large number have nothing on the plate as to who the original owner was. The dealers would often sell the "demo" model and drive back home in the trade in. Often they had a number of say stock black Victorias coming in on a regular basis.

thanks for the lead!

Big thank you to Jeremy D. Ledford at PCS.

He came up w/ an invoice from 1967 showing my MM Body # going to "Anderson-Peterson Funeral Home". I've posted the invoice in my album for anyone who wants to check it out, with his permission.

Through a google search I found a Postcard of the Funeral Home from the Boston Public Library, circa 1940, and a post from "Clifford Peterson - Funderal Director"'s grandkid. Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_public_library/5515125163/?reg=1&src=comment

I reached out to them to see if this was indeed his vehicle. Also the Manh Funeral Home in Lake City, MN who bought out Anderson-Peterson.

You guys are great - thanks for the help! I'll track down her 44 year history yet.:thankyou2:

Back