1956 oldsmobile

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
Well im on a purge mode and trying to part with some of my car to thin down the fleet some. I sold the 48 chevy. when i advertised it it went in the first week. So i figured i would throw this out to the pcs family. i know its not a pro car but here is some of the facts on it.

It is a 1956 olds "88" 2dr sedan, it is a factory stick car. it has been converted to air conditioning, alternator, electric wipers. it has shaved door handles with remote openers. It was painted in about 1982-84 in pretty good shape a couple of little rust bubbles in a few spots. Candy flames, custom pinstripes. Original olds rocket 324, 41.000 original miles. nice running driving car. asking $15.900 obo

Attachments

• car photos may 2010 008.jpg
    car photos may 2010 008.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 814
  • car photos may 2010 007.jpg
    car photos may 2010 007.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 799
  • car photos may 2010 010.jpg
    car photos may 2010 010.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 792
Rocky

You have some neat cars man !!!

I can't wait to see you in Flint and then at the Hoodlums gathering in May !

I want to see your collection in person real bad !

:thumb:

Darren

You're such a tease! I read the title and thought you were putting the 56 ambulance up for sale!

heck no!! im getting rid of some of these cars so i will have some more garage space for when i start working on it this year. That is why im getting rid of some of these cars.

Rocky

You have some neat cars man !!!

I can't wait to see you in Flint and then at the Hoodlums gathering in May !

I want to see your collection in person real bad !

:thumb:

Darren

Looking forward to hanging out, soon and in may but the doors always open any time you want to adventure this way!!!

its a intresting thing, i always thought i wanted a big collection and wanted to keep them all but after selling some and seeing the space, and not having so many to keep up on the maintance of them, and paying insurance ect, i have gotten into the mode of changing it up and letting some other people have fun with them. I have not been playing with them all so they should go to someone that will love them more.
I always say we never really own these car's, we are just care givers of them for a set period of time!

56 Olds Sedans

Unmolested-original '56 Olds Sedans are pretty hard to find at least out here. I have been searching for one for years to accurately restore in to a CHP (CA HIghway Patrol) Car. The CHP only had them in 1949, 1950, 1956, and 1967. For us old folks that can remember the old Highway Patrol TV Series with Broderick Crawford.... while he was in his 1955 Buick, his right hand Officer had a 1956 Olds and some later episodes a 1956 Pontiac. "2150-bi"

Original unmolested cars of the 1950's are just about all gone all over the country. Same is rapidly happening to the 1960's cars. The only ones that are left are those in the junk yards, and even those have been scrapped in great numbers. In 20 years, there will be no cars left to restore, except for possibly the 1970's cars, and beyond that, the 1980's cars which are computer controlled, so I doubt that they would even be able to be saved. Also, many 1970' and 1980's cars that were worth saving were scrapped by the misguided Cash for Clunkers program. The old car hobby will be headed downhill with an aging baby boomer population, because young people aren't entering the hobby in the numbers that were common in the past.

I got to chuckle "can't find a unmolested 56 olds so I molest it". cardboard cut outs and blowen up pictures will be all we have. but hay you can view them on your smart phone.

I got to chuckle "can't find a unmolested 56 olds so I molest it". cardboard cut outs and blowen up pictures will be all we have. but hay you can view them on your smart phone.

Ed: I guess we never thought of it that way (can't see the forest for the trees).... or however that saying goes? In selecting cars for potential fire chief's or law enforcement (cloned) vehicles that weren't already.... we do try and keep them very original and accurate as they were when they were brand new, however I can see that adding lights-sirens-radios, etc. would be just as devasting to some as chopping the tops, removing chrome, lowering them and adding flames to others. Construction critisium welcomed and accepted. THX-MM

just had to say it. everyone has there reason for doing what they do. preserving one thing takes it out of the hands of someone else. all I can say is some times it's for the best. my pet peeve is starting something you know you can't finish. more cars lost that way then anything else. but any car tastefully done is nice. some times impractical but still nice.

just wanted to let you guys know, my 56 now has a new home. This weekend on saturday was a big traditional rod and custom car show in milwaukee also. i went to it after work on saturday, i will post some pics later.

But one of my friends belong to another car club and they were have a reunion get together for his members from around the country. Well one of his guys that i met a couple of years ago started to drive up to milwaukee from cumming georgia and got a flat tire in his 30 ford. Well he decide to take it back home since it was only less then a hour from his house and ride up with one of the other guys. He joked around and said maybe he would just buy a car and drive it home.

Well he bought my olds and hopped into it sunday morning and drove it home to cummings georgia at 85 miles a hour for a major part of the trip he said. He said it ran great but he blew a tire out in Ky and had another one put on at a walmart i guess about nine miles away and was back on the road. So maybe some of you guys in that area may see a flamed 56 olds ripping up the streets in that neck of the woods.

now it looks like this one might be going to a new home on monday? i know this is not alot of your guys cup of tea but i know some of you might dig my chevy i decided to also let go its a 52 chevy i chopped and sectioned and did alot of kustomizing to it.

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 186
Rocky

I know what it is like to buy and cool old car and drive it across the country back home !

Such a fantastic feeling ! A must-do for all old car guys at some point in their lives. The sooner the better !

Good luck on selling yet another one of your hand built customs !

Darren

Back