Two 1971 GMC Suburban Ambulances - $7400 (sebastopol)

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
These two vehicles are being sold as a pair. I am not interested in parting them out.

#1 (White) 1971 GMC 2500 Super Custom Suburban, 3/4 ton 2WD, Stoner ambulance conversion with 66k miles. Runs and drives well with original numbers matching L-47 402cid Chevrolet big block engine and THM 400 automatic transmission. Much recent work including full tune up with HEI ignition conversion, all new belts and hoses, new starter, new battery, new fuel lines, new fuel pump and new sending unit, all new brakes including new master cylinder and new custom exhaust system with Flowmaster mufflers. Has PS, PB with front discs, factory A/C (currently not working), factory bucket seats and Dana 60 rear axle. Patient compartment of ambulance has aftermarket A/C and is 98% complete. Have clear CA title with registration good through September 2019.

#2 (Red & White) 1971 GMC 2500 Super Custom Suburban, 3/4 ton 2WD, Stoner ambulance conversion with 43k miles. This truck is a roller, it was originally equipped with the same drivetrain as the white truck but the engine, transmission, driveshaft and radiator have been removed. Still equipped with PS, PB with front discs, factory A/C, factory bucket seats and Dana 60 rear axle. Patient compartment of ambulance is complete except for the missing left side squad bench and includes aftermarket A/C, auxiliary heater and a Ferno #28 gurney. Have Washington state title in hand with sale to be made on Bill of Sale.

Both trucks have rust in areas that are typical for this vintage and model Suburban. The white truck also has light body damage to the right front fender near the headlight and to the right quarter panel near the taillight. There are enough parts on both to enable a nice single ambulance restoration or do two projects using both. Many extras including two additional sets of wheels, ambulance equipment and some new misc. restoration items are a part of this sale. Both vehicles are located near Sebastopol in Sonoma County about one hour north of SF.

Many more photos can be viewed here: https://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/sale/

Attachments

• 00b0b_hq78q6Bs4Sd_600x450.jpg
    00b0b_hq78q6Bs4Sd_600x450.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 239
  • 00v0v_jo8lpWwdsFQ_600x450.jpg
    00v0v_jo8lpWwdsFQ_600x450.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 239
Hi all, yes as much as it pains me I'm looking to pass this project fodder on. I'm fine but life changes have gotten in the way of my ability to continue on in a reasonable fashion and I don't want to see these great rigs just sit and rot. I'm really hoping at least one of these trucks will get properly reborn, there's enough there to complete a fine single example and still have plenty left to sell on. I've priced them and all the parts I have as a package but I may consider selling some combination of single vehicle and parts to the right person in the hobby so if you have any affection for these please don't hesitate to get ahold of me and let's talk!

OK, I've split this sale into two. Should either or both trucks go to someone not interested in restoring or keeping them as ambulances, I will make sure to retrieve any ambulance/Stoner specific parts and hardware and make them available to the hobby and/or keep for possible future need.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1971-gmc-2500-suburban/6759213726.html

2v2E9wCkLx3RqKh.jpg

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1971-gmc-2500-suburban/6759242867.html

2v2E9wC7qx3RqKh.jpg

Back