Side Door Name Plate Holders

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I have dozens of pairs of nameplate holders for side doors going back to the late 1940s. Many styles. Let me know what you are looking for.

I will have to check out my '75 S&S 3-way when I get home to see which one it is. I should have them. How many do you need?

Last edited:
David,
Yes, I do have the name plate holders that would have been used in your '74 S&S ambulance. I checked my '75 S&S Victoria. PM me, if still interested.

Just wondering if you still have the nameplate holders. I have a 1966 chrysler ambulance I could use some on. Let me know. Thanks

Still have all of them. Not a lot of demand for these things. Can you post a photo of the curvature of your upper door panels?

I'm still interested, just haven't been around the car for a while. In five days il be home and take a picture and measurements.

Here is a picture of the holes in my door, the other side is identical. Thanks
20180508_202401.jpg

I don't think that I am familiar with any name plate holders that just used 1 screw to mount it. Anyone have any ideas?

here you go 73 S&S. I really can't remember if they were one or two screws but bet it was one thay are small

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 236
Not it. The S&S name plate holders have 2 screws.

I am not familiar with any that had 1 hole. Are you trying to find what was originally there, or just something that will work?

Holders

I don't think that I am familiar with any name plate holders that just used 1 screw to mount it. Anyone have any ideas?

I have 3 of these, no idea what they came on. One seems to have a curve or maybe just bent?

Attachments

• 20180508_200528.jpg
    20180508_200528.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180508_200613.jpg
    20180508_200613.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 196
I have some that have 3 holes in the bottom, so you could use either 1 or 2 screws to hold them to the door. The brackets that Dan posted, look more like curtain rod holders than door sign holders.

I would take anything really. I want to make the ambulance semi-correct, but small details don't faze me much. Let me know if you want to sell some. Probably need 4

Clay,
Those that Dan pictured will have to sit on a flat surface, or your name plates will tilt inward. If you need an angled base, you will have to go another route. I, and several others, have many rat-holed away...... but they are typically 2 or 3 screw mount configurations. How much angle to the door panel where those screw holes are located?

Back