WTB: '93-96 S&S chrome rocker panel.

I assume that you are referring to the wide lower door molding, and not a rocker molding. I am not aware of them having a rocker molding.

That is a very tall order!!

I assume that you are referring to the wide lower door molding, and not a rocker molding. I am not aware of them having a rocker molding.

That is a very tall order!!

Sorry, my terminology is off- you are correct on which piece I'm referring to. It is not that bad, a subtle dent about the size of a tennis ball that I've lived with since I bought it 2 years ago. It's just started bugging me to the point of which I want to fix it. A lot of the paintless dent repair places will not touch it and I'm scared to do it myself. Thinking I may have to buy one off a regular Fleetwood and cut it (which is what S&S did). Anyone know if the two pieces are welded together? I have not taken it off yet.

Don't do that! Just have it repaired. From what I understand, those are chrome-plated stainless steel. Definitely NOT something that the paint-less dent folks would take on. Any reputable chrome plating shop should be able to repair and re-plate them, if needed.

Never had to take mine off so not sure how they did it. But I have made ones on the regular sedans much better (not perfect). Fairly easy remove get a flat strong surface Table bench whatever. Take a piece of carpet put Molding on it shiney side down, Make sure all dirt road tar whatever is cleaned off BOTH sides. Get a rolling pin (yeah baking type) roll the pin back and forth over the pimple on the inside putting as much pressure as you can muster should get rid of 90% of the pimple. DO NOT hit with any form of hammer you will stretch it and it will look worse. To paraphrase Packard Ask The Man whos been there.

don't call out all the painless dent guys it can be done . my son took about 3 of them out of the trim on that 92. save a insurance company from totaling out a new 2017 German car down in Texas. last summer. the up and over crown type molding could not be gotten from the factory as there were no spares. he charged them 3000 to repair them and they were more then happy to pay it on a 70,000 dollar car. the rest of the car was just a normal repair for him but if he had not been able to repair the molding they were looking at a total.

the nice part about those boys is each of them knows there own limitations and they will not do it unless then can.

the rolling pin trick may work a hard wood ball would be another good tool to try.
put a folded over towel or pad on a hard surface and starting in the center roll it around in circles to the outer edge of the dent and back in. using a light presser. a sand bag would be best to do it on. but I don't have one of those panel beaters bags either. CW coach may have one of those molding you would have to call them. but what ever you do don't toss the old one

Yeah I like Eds hard wooden ball too. I have delt with creases not pimples with the crease you have a long area you want to move at the same time to avoid stretching and making damage worse, With pimple its a tossup I think I would roller first and then if your not happy hard ball it.

Don't do that! Just have it repaired. From what I understand, those are chrome-plated stainless steel. Definitely NOT something that the paint-less dent folks would take on. Any reputable chrome plating shop should be able to repair and re-plate them, if needed.

Most chrome shops will not tackle chrome on stainless steel, since it is a less than ideal metal to chrome. It can be done, but you are going to have to find a shop that is willing to tackle the job, and it won't be inexpensive.

I just noticed for the first time ever (surprising considering how much time I spend staring at my car :rolleyes: ) that the plastic trim on these chrome panels is spliced on my passenger side doors...but not on the driver's side doors? Was this really how S&S did it- or am I looking at someone's homemade repair job?

See how good they did. Much better to have one spliced then damaged or missing. While you are looking for your replacement.

Back