what the PCS is really about

Status
Not open for further replies.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I put a whine on another post here about not being able to find one of those SS emissis basins. one of our west cost members took pity on my and today I got this in the mail. thanks Joseph I really needed that. it is really all about people helping each other . coffee on me we get together might ever throw in a Danish. :D Strawberry Rhubarb pie??

Attachments

• IMG_5237.jpg
    IMG_5237.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 82
Glad it put more on the rig. Can't use it on the '51. Putting together a nice J&J industrial first aid kit for that that I just landed. When I figure out how to post pics I'll load some. There was another thread that really helped me figure out what should go in a '51 and the SS was not it so was good to pass it on. And your mention of that pie brought a big smile remembering my Grandmother. I'll be holding you to that one brother. May even need to break out a "ba me ba" beer!! :cool:

I know Ed. There are some members who are extremely helpful. Jeremy Ledford has been very helpful with items for my Lifeliner.

Richard

I'll second that!

I have always said that the PCS is full of people who are only too happy to help, offer advice, give you something you need, or give you a lead on it's whereabouts. I have personally been on the receiving end many, many times. I only hope that someday I can return some of these favors.

wow and all this time I thought we were rich intolerant stuffed shirts!;)

no that's your brother your thinking of. :D
but then Joe I said I don't have any as of yet. triangle bandages, that would really be the main stay for both of our coaches. being a old medic you would know that. in the good old days before velcro that boy scout neckerchief was the main thing used by all groups of medical people. everything from ankle hitches for traction splints to tying on board splints making slings or compresses. that big triangle of muslim was used for it all. heck if you talked nice to it they would even do back pressure arm lift. no CPR in them days. just think ,now they are going back to that for lay people. just pushing on the other side then I learned to do it first.

Ed....... I'll bet that you never learned how to tie a triangular bandage on a full head wound.. That was one of the hardest things to do unless you knew the tricks of the trade.

That was Paul's way of saying there will be a seminar in the parking lot at the next meet. :D

Now we are left to wonder who's head will be bandaged and will they be cut loose in the end? :eek:

Let's just hope there isn't an actual head wound...:rolleyes:

I was going to ask Paul what's your point (that really is a hint according to my instructor) but Tony may have a different one, point that is. A word of worning, if he says he whants to do a hip bandage (it takes two triangler bandages) remind him that it is basicaly the same as the shoulder bandage, then give him the cold shoulder!:D Then of course there is the knee bandage and the...Oh my age in EMS is showing:eek:

I'm still trying to remember how to do the ankle hitch. when I decided to do the EMS thing the had all them buckle and Velcro things all ready out. I did get shown the ankle hitch and the the windless for the old Thompson traction splint. may have even done it once but don't remember it. around the ankle down around the arch of the foot back up threw the wrap and then knotted over the splint. the stick went threw the hitch inside the splint. twisted for the tension. the whole thing depended on getting the first wrap was the key. the new sager is a lot easier but not near as much fun . her is the military version of the splint I'm talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_5165.JPG
    IMG_5165.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 47
You bring the two triangular bandages, it takes two, and I will show you the angle hitch in Flint if you would like. There he goes showing his EMS age again.:D

thanks got it now. one around the ankle one around the arch threw the ankle one, down to the end of the splint. them kids and there Klein stuff don't know what they are missing.;) need two scouts out of uniform for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back