Rocky has a new coach?????

I also have to find a new rag joint, as you can see in one of the pictures its pretty much all tore up all around. Has anyone ordered one up for that vintage from anyone?

Also got another set of brackets for the ac stuff, the first set I had was the wrong ones. I know that im sure that wont be the last part I ordered up for this project that will not be the right one.

The brackets are ones again from alan grove components. They are made very nice. Im pre-fitting them. When I know they are all good I will send them out to get chrome plated, since the pulley's and parts I ordered in chrome. OOOHHH shiny!! just a pain to keep clean oh well.

Here is the parts and brackets in place. Im getting so happy to keep having these steps all getting done. It means its steps closer to me hopefully driving this thing this year to MN. My fingers are crossed, but that is my goal. Especially since I was hoping to be driving this car to Milwaukee. We all know how that did not happen.

Attachments

• DSCN7292.jpg
    DSCN7292.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN7293.jpg
    DSCN7293.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCN7294.jpg
    DSCN7294.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCN7295.jpg
    DSCN7295.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN7298.jpg
    DSCN7298.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 300
When I bought my 49 it had that style headers and they were dinged in in a few spots to make them clear. I ended up putting block huggers on it when I had the new crate engine put in. They worked great

so have you bolted up the inner fenders yet??

I have slipped them in when I fit the booster, very tite, had to just tweak one brake line a little bit. I should slide them in again. but since everything I have done is inside the rails, it should not be a problem. But we all know how that goes at times:)

I do need to get them in soon to figure out where to mount the dryer and stuff for the ac. One of the future projects to figure out.

When I bought my 49 it had that style headers and they were dinged in in a few spots to make them clear. I ended up putting block huggers on it when I had the new crate engine put in. They worked great

I have a set of new block huggers on the shelf, could not use them it would of put the collector right smack into the steering box. I have said many times for a motor that is close to the size of a caddy motor. It still amazes me how much I have had to modify and fab to fit it in right. I have looked under the hood of the 62 sitting next to it. I guarantee if I was putting that into it I would not have had to change anywhere as much to do that in that one. Big difference on the crossmember on that one it seems.

I have another question for you guys. Is the control arms and cross shafts and ball joints the same on the commercial chassis? I have seen rebuild kits for it for sale and was wondering on that. My thought was not to replace that stuff at this time because the car is a low mile car and they seem to be pretty good. My thought is if its not broken don't fix it. But then I think im this far in it should I just go all new? Not like its to hard to swap out stuff if it is needed. But info on this would be great. Thanks

I received the new rag joint this week, so that is on the list to fix here soon.

What I worked on today is I updated my gas pedal, I took the old style off, it was getting rusty stiff, and had the dash pot on it ect. The new style uses a cable to the carb. I have installed a few of these. It is from lokar. This one is their midnight series.

Attachments

• DSCN7306.jpg
    DSCN7306.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN7307.jpg
    DSCN7307.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN7308.jpg
    DSCN7308.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN7310.jpg
    DSCN7310.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN7311.jpg
    DSCN7311.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 167
This week I received a few more pieces from UPS. I received my headers, from sanderson headers. They have a great selection of many different styles. I looked through and figured out what I wanted to order, had them ceramic coated. They look great, but if any of you guys know about headers. Just when you think they will fit. Usually not the case unless you message them some.

On my passenger side plenty of room, the drivers side I was great except that it hit the steering rag joint.. Dang it so meaning to say I had to collapse one of the tubes more then I really would of like to. But now it fits with about alittle better then a 1/8" of extra space. I tried to dimple it so the gasses still can flow smooth. Oh well but im really amazed how well the coating stuck on with having to do that. Here are the headers and the mods I did to make it work. One step closer to getting it ready to put the motor in for the last time. Im really happy to have the mock block, that is so worth its cost to do this fab work. I have had it in and out of the engine compartment so many times. And I think if I have once, I have hopped in and out of the engine bay 300 times by now.

I know it might be too late now, but couldn't you move that block forward about a inch to clear the rag joint?

Herb, there is not a lot of room in the front to the radiator. But it would not of mattered with the way the tube runs parallel.

I ended up rebuilding the trans tunnel to fit the turbo 400 trans

Attachments

• DSCN7316.jpg
    DSCN7316.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCN7315.jpg
    DSCN7315.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN7323.jpg
    DSCN7323.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN7322.jpg
    DSCN7322.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN7331.jpg
    DSCN7331.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 363
Now im starting to tackle the rust driver side floor.

I ordered up a patch panel floor section from OPG, ok piece but came way rustier then I would of like for a new panel. Oh well I will clean that up also.

Attachments

• DSCN7333.jpg
    DSCN7333.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN7334.jpg
    DSCN7334.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN7335.jpg
    DSCN7335.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 369
  • DSCN7338.jpg
    DSCN7338.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 364
Ed, take it easy on the old man! Rocky after all has a bum shoulder he is trying to heal up. Taking pictures one hand, with a cutter in another, and holding a trouble light besides, so he doesn't have to use the flash on the picture. :D

I have been picking away at a few things on the 58, here are the floor progress pics. I had to do a little patch on the toe board, and also the kick panel side. Little patch on the passenger side also.

Attachments

• DSCN7409.jpg
    DSCN7409.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN7412.jpg
    DSCN7412.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN7414.jpg
    DSCN7414.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN7415.jpg
    DSCN7415.jpg