found at the flea market

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
Today was a very good day for the antique show and flea market at the local fair grounds. I scored a hand powered siren and a set of casket stands from an old funeral home. The siren works well but is not too loud. I have to make a crank for it. The casket stands are brass under the aluminum paint. The bottom arch of legs will pivot 90 degrees and tuck under the top arch for storage. Also got my exercise in for the day. 4 hours of walking will do that.
If you know anything to add about my finds don't hesitate to put it here.
Mike

Attachments

• hand held siren 01.jpg
    hand held siren 01.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 234
  • hand held siren 02.jpg
    hand held siren 02.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 230
  • hand held siren 03.jpg
    hand held siren 03.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 231
  • flea market finds 01.jpg
    flea market finds 01.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 228
  • flea market finds 02.jpg
    flea market finds 02.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
downside to finds

Thanks guys.
The only downside to great finds is I have 40 years worth of them. Shelley is asking when I am going to sell some of them. Sell? What is that?
Mike

Mike

We are are in the same situation !

I guess it really is a terminal disease. Once you get it... there is no cure !

So enjoy it while you are here ! :thumb:

If she sells it or tosses it in a bin after your pulse stops... you won't feel a thing !!!

Darren

The problem with so many "great finds" is that after you buy them, store them for many years, and then finally want to sell them, there are no buyers. Too many of todays young people "yutes" have no appreciation for things of the past...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNgONH2ncI[/ame]

Great finds there Mike. Paul, I haven't thought about My Cousin Vinny in forever, almost forgot about that movie. I think alot of young people now days take a interest in antique things, but don't take enough interest to collect it and preserve it. Luckely there are young people like me out there also that do. I just wish there were more of us.

Josh

Back