New ambulance 8 and old Ambulace 8 leaving the station on a run

youtube

In the fall I took my 70 M M CFD rig to the fire station ambulance 8 worked until it was replaced by subsequent ambulance 8s. I posted this video clip on Facebook, so I thought I would post it here so those who did not get to see would get a chance to see this clip. If you have trouble bringing this clip up let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...omment_id=66025328&offset=0&total_comments=13

bruce, you said let you know so I am. couldn't pull it up on facebook either. but that means nothing as im computer challenged. or an old fart who hasn't a clue. either or.

That was SO COOL! I love to see recreated scenes, and restored rigs "running hot" like they did back in the day. It is an amazing sight, and gives me goose bumps. Bruce, thanks so much for taking the time to do this, and share it with us!

Dave & Bruce: As nice and high tech as that brand new box van is.... I am sure the Fort Wright Fire Department "old timers" would like to make one more run in their old trusty (still low mileage) beautiful 1973 S&S!. I remember getting a picture from them of one of those old thermometer looking signs that they posted in the local community park showing the amount of donations they had been receiving from everyone (including local businesses and school kids) to originally buy the 1973 S&S that Brucre-B has now for as a recall under $25-K

Dave & Bruce: As nice and high tech as that brand new box van is.... I am sure the Fort Wright Fire Department "old timers" would like to make one more run in their old trusty (still low mileage) beautiful 1973 S&S!. I remember getting a picture from them of one of those old thermometer looking signs that they posted in the local community park showing the amount of donations they had been receiving from everyone (including local businesses and school kids) to originally buy the 1973 S&S that Bruce-B has now for as I recall under $25-K

The price for the '73 Fort Wright/S&S Professional was actually $19,100, Mike ... per this copy of the original factory order, shared with me by the current Fort Wright FD Chief, Steven Schewe, several years ago. An interesting aside, the current Fort Wright FD Assistant Chief, Ron Becker, is the nephew of previous Chief, Bob Becker, who is depicted in the September 1973 photo below ... taking delivery of his department's shiny new S&S Medic Mark-1 Professional in front of the H&E factory in nearby Cincinnati.

1973%20SnS%20Amb%20FortWrightFD%20Order1.jpg

1973%20SnS%20Amb%20FortWrightFD%20Order2.jpg

1973%20SnS%20Amb%20FortWrightFD%20Order3.jpg

1973%20SnS%20Amb%20FortWrightFD%20Order4.jpg

1973_AMB_in_front_of_company_Web.jpg

A 'P.S.' for Bruce B ... If you do ever ultimately want to make a trip to Fort Wright with the '73 S&S, I'm quite certain Chief Schewe and his 'troops' would welcome you there with enthusiastically open arms! And I would certainly welcome the opportunity to join you there for that occasion, schedule permitting.

Back