almost Home

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
been plugging away at the suburban this fall. I want to get it painted last month but between Dr visits I ran out of time. so we are almost there now. finish sand the lower half and we will be.

Attachments

• IMG_3792a.jpg
    IMG_3792a.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 455
looks great ed!!, I wish a few of my projects were a lot farther then they are also. "my 58 to say the least"

sometimes it seems like there is not enough hours in the day, and life has different plans for us on some days.

looks great ed!!, I wish a few of my projects were a lot farther then they are also. "my 58 to say the least"

sometimes it seems like there is not enough hours in the day, and life has different plans for us on some days.

yes it does. there are a few times when one has to adjust there priories. my mind still saying yes you can but the body says not that fast. other times what seemed so important yesterday is not even on the list for today. but like all the rest do one thing positive everyday to bring things to a close. kind of like life.
we had to switch to the polyurethane line. it not as easy to work with but the results are nice.

wit a little help from my cousin we got the back glass back in place. as the price was the same I could not resist putting in the custom cab trim. there we go over restoring on again. I cant say which is worse fighting old hard rubber of new stiff stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_3810 (2)a.jpg
    IMG_3810 (2)a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 308
Ed - what are the upgrades associated the custom cab trim level over that of standard?

Urethane's are alittle harder to work with, but I bet you will love how they hold up. After a short time working with them you wont even think about the change.

this truck fas first titled in Sioux Falls then went to Minnesota. I got it from a man in Pipestone. the custom or deluxe trim has the stainless steel around the windshield and back glass, chrome bumpers trim under the windows and the the trim around the lower body. chrome full wheel covers. carpet and cloth seats and different trim pads on the doors. things altered a little from GMC to Chevy. but mostly just the trim.

getting closer it got up over 70 today so it was the time to paint the lower half

Attachments

• IMG_4105 (2)a.jpg
    IMG_4105 (2)a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4106 (2)a.jpg
    IMG_4106 (2)a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 123
This ambulance has come a long, long way, hasn't it? Without you Ed, I don't think this one had much of a future, but it does now!

ever heard of non buyers remorse? wow, super nice ed. tunnel lites make it. what else is going on the truck? 2 cp-25's? q? 2 beacons? man you do good work. one day snowing and then 70 degrees. heluva weather change. somebody kick me in the butt. shouda, well i'll keep looking i guess. man thats gonna be nice. as usual for ed. wish it was in my garage. (when it's done of course). great job..

Back