Cadillac CTS Funeral Coach

those boys down south are really getting inventive. to me it's if you got no style put some more trim on it. those spindly wheels and the half skirts some how don't inspire me.

Superior style...

I agree, Jim. The rear windows definitely reminded me of the 1959-60 Superior styling when I first saw the photos. Same goes for the Superior-style "crown" which was used on their coaches for many years. The landau bars look similar to the ones on the '59 pictured below.

picture.php

picture.php

I recall reading yrs ago about the shocked reactions of the hearse builders when GM showed them the sketches for the '59 rocket ships. Superior was the only one that really tried to come up with coach styling to complement the new order. The other 3 pretty much sat the existing styling down on the moon rocket chassis. BTW, I see you have an '88 Brougham coach. I have a beautiful '88 Brougham owner's manual in the black sleeve thing. Could yew use it?

A couple of other thoughts here: How much room do you suppose there is in the rear compartment? And, is this sort of the 21st Century version of the ill-fated M-M Athena sedan conversion??

Back