1955 Pontiac - $6000 (Tacoma)

Was posted 2 1/2 years ago in this forum. Back again, out of the woods at a bit higher price

1955 Pontiac - $6000 (Tacoma)
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/tacoma-1955-pontiac/7000266298.html

I've got a rare 1955 Pontiac ambulance I'm being forced to sell. It's all original doesn't run but engine isn't seized. I've got a clean title for it also. I'm asking 6000 obo. Text if interested

Attached pics are from current listing.

See the old posting by Peter Grave (2/17) for pics of back then:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20067&highlight=1955+pontiac

Attachments

• 55 Pon a.jpg
    55 Pon a.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,130
  • 55 Pon b.jpg
    55 Pon b.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,094
A wash job and wheel discs would do alot for it. Looks fairly solid. How many are left in any shape?

Maybe a little more than a wash job. But, I am a fan of 1955 Pontiacs, I once owned a 55 Star Chief two door hard top that I bought from the original owner's estate. I wish I still had it.

A wash job and wheel discs would do alot for it. Looks fairly solid. How many are left in any shape?

I totally agree with Pete. I don't know why folks list cars looking like that. I guess just laziness. Not everything sells best looking like a "Barn Find", especially if it didn't live in a barn! If you spent an afternoon cleaning that rig up and put the wheel covers back on it, it would sell at that price immediately. 99% of that black crap will wash off. That's the part of the country where you want to find them! Not rotted out and not sun-baked!

That black is leaves rotting on the top of the car. If they rotted on top imagine were else the lay and rotted away. My bet is stored out side under a tree for a number of years. I would want to crawl around threw it before bring it home. The level lights might be the best part of the car.

Give it a bath with Simple Green and Pine Sol, and it will look like a different car. Also some interior pictures are needed. I always wonder about the floor, if it is still solid, or the only thing keeping you from seeing the roadway beneath is the rubber floor mat...

Interesting to see the S&M tunnel lights on a '55 Superior ambulance. You usually associate them with '56 Superior ambulances.

You wipe it off with soap and water and a scotch pad. Then buff it out it will Shine. Out side is not the problem its inside. As the leaves brake up they will fill every crack and void. Once wet will stay that way a long time. It's a car you want you go look at.

If might look better now, we're in the rainy season and it's been raining for about a week! If one of you is SERIOUSLY interested in it message me. It might not be too far from me, I might be able to check it out on a weekend. (I'm overdue to pay the same favor back or forward.)

If might look better now, we're in the rainy season and it's been raining for about a week! If one of you is SERIOUSLY interested in it message me. It might not be too far from me, I might be able to check it out on a weekend. (I'm overdue to pay the same favor back or forward.)

It sure would be of interest, but I don't see myself buying it.

Back