Sept 18, - Sept 20, 2009. PCS Volunteer & Southeastern Chapter Meet. Berea Kentucky !

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Sept 18, - Sept 20, 2009. PCS Volunteer & Southeastern Chapter Meet. Berea Kentucky !

Lonnie Reppert and Rick Cox of Reppert Funeral Home will be hosting a joint Volunteer and Southeastern Chapter Meet in Berea Kentucky from Friday September 18th through Sunday September 20th 2009! We will have tours of the White Hall State Shrine (reportedly haunted/we will have photo opportunity outside the main building--Google to find out more about this location), Richmond Cemetery (another photo opportunity) , and Oldham/Roberts/Powell Funeral Home (horse drawn). There will be a parade on Saturday as well as the stuff above. Here is your chance to run those lights and sirens guys!!!! There will also be a car show with special street parking location for our vehicles Sunday for those that want to hang a little while--display is completely FREE unless you want your vehicle judged with the other participants. We will have some goody bags made up for attendees plus a great cookout planned at the Funeral Home on Saturday evening.

The Chamber of Commerce has advised our members to tell the hotels to give them the Spoonbread Festival Exhibitor rates below (because we will be in their parade on Saturday and displaying our vehicles on Sunday for those that want to leave out after noonish.)

Fairfield Inn & Suites 859-985-8191 $55.00

**this is our designated meet hotel however for those that want to stay at the famous Boone Tavern (celebrating its 100th anniversary and $12 million renovation) the rate is $99.00. Contact at 859-985-3700

Rooms are going fast due to the festival that weekend and they recommend making reservations to get the rate by September 1 in order to qualify for the discounted rate and ensure you have a room. (other hotels are available--contact Rick for more information)

Directions and help getting to Reppert Funeral Home (easy to find--Exit 76 on Interstate 75...we are on the left toward town exactly one mile from the interstate...(Reppert Funeral Home has an unique castle appearance with the round turret in front) Funeral home address: 110 North Broadway Street, Berea, Kentucky 40403.

RSVP and contact numbers for directions or additional information is below.

Rick Cox (cell) 859.200.8567

Lonnie Reppert (cell) 859.302.3165

Reppert Funeral Home 859.986.3165

Balloon Rides

They are having hot air balloon rides Saturday morning. Anyone going? I have to talk someone into doing this with me, I've wanted to for over 20 years. It is on my 'do before I die' list, and Jeremy has already told me NO!

We had a great time in Berea! There were so many fun things planned that I didn't get to go up in the hot air balloon, but that's ok. The PCS had a lot of exposure during the weekend. We were in the Spoonbread Festival parade on Saturday, my first parade to drive in. We had 7 (I think) cars in the parade. My 94 limo and Rick and Trish's 94 hearse were at the car show on Sunday. Elmo brought home a trophy! Also the PCS was mentioned several times during the car show. I even got to speak once. Yikes! And, as usual, lots of good food. We have also gained 2 new PCS members/Volunteer Chapter members - Lonnie and Geraldine Reppert, owners of Reppert's Funeral Home. Thanks to Rick and Trish Cox and the Repperts for all of their hard work. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you had a great time!

You're really on a roll, LeeAnn; I think we heard you speak at least once during the Miller-Meteor Reunion too! :p:D

Did anybody get car photos from the balloon? I don't thnk anyone in PCS has accomplished that (yet.) Not even Gregg... :eek::D

You're really on a roll, LeeAnn; I think we heard you speak at least once during the Miller-Meteor Reunion too! :p:D

Did anybody get car photos from the balloon? I don't thnk anyone in PCS has accomplished that (yet.) Not even Gregg... :eek::D

I didn't want to. They made me!

I never even saw the balloons. I don't know where they were, but I think they were just on Saturday, and the car show was Sunday. Don't give Gregg any ideas!

Back