Michigan Flooding

All, there is severe flooding in the area of Midland, MI, due to severe rains and two dams that have failed. Late PCS member John Keel and his mother, Ann, lived near Midland, in the area near the Titabawassee River, which is affected. I don't know if Ann still lives there, and having been to their house, I don't think they are that close to the river. But please keep Ann in mind during this flood, let's hope for the best for her.

I went to Northwood University in Midland from the fall of '85 through the Spring of '88. I experienced a lesser flood in '86 which shut down the college for about a month or so. It sounds like this one might threaten Dow Chemical Company as well.

Having been badly flooded in 1973 at the Oakford yard and flooded here not that badly when Irene came through. I can feel for folks there nothing hurts like opening your roller tool cabinet filled with mud for three drawers up or getting into your Jaguar XKE and looking at the mud in the gauges. May the Lord smile on the Michigan people and keep them from harm.

Back