new tires

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we did pick up one of the manual ire changing sets up. swapping tires on cars is getting a little expensive. so I have new rubber for the 64 and wheels to put then one. wheels ad tires mounted take up less room then apart. as the changer is out side warm weather is a must. but the ware house tires were of course crushed making them vary hard to seat. one trick here is to stuff a old tube (you know that this you float down the creek in) into it and leave it for a day or two to swell the tire back out. I'll let you know if it works. cool and raining today.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.jpg
    IMG_3718.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3719.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 211
What do you use to clean the blue off of the white wall? Those look like very expensive BF Goodrich tires!

simple green but I have not done it yet. as I recall they were around 80 bucks each free shipping on Christmas sale.

In the Ancient World we stuffed quart metal oil cans between the beads. Paper oil cans ended that so mant 2x4 blocks turned up in shops.

I can still mount one with a rubber ended hammer, but it will have to be a heavy bet these days, with an ambulance standing by to haul me to either the Chiropractor or Cardiac floor.

PS: Ideal 77 electrician's wire pulling soap slips rubber on slicker than snot on a doorknob.

A couple tire iron Will work as fast. I remember my first high school job we had a machine that would brake the bead but you removed and replaced them by hand. I'm still looking or one of those bars. Had flat blade with a long roller on one end and cupped hand with a bug wheel on the knuckle on the other. Easy walk around to get them on and off with it

Back