it's detailes that make or brake the car.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
now don't pay any attention to the dust thats one detail that can be removed. but just to show what a difference a small thing makes in the display of the car. when I set this O2 bottle in I could not find my old regulator so I just put on a new one. . you look in the car and you expect to see the regulator but you also notice it not right. having the right one makes all the difference. now if I only had a the round knoby wheel with the chain on to turn on the valve. the plastic wrench is just wrong

Attachments

• IMG_2647a.jpg
    IMG_2647a.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2648a.jpg
    IMG_2648a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 275
you got the bottle and the gages? I'm keeping mine. you'll also have to find a cloth strap with the brass buckle. I can't locate one here and the nylon with the plastic clip works it just don't look right. don't forget to check the pictures it's all green now.

I have an extra

I have an extra I can send you. Do you want me to send it to Ed or to Brendan? PM me with the details.

you got the right strap Bill send it here to me. I can't find one. I'll put it on and toss the nylone one over the bank.

Regulator

Sorry Ed...I should have been more specific. I've got an extra oxygen regulator that would work. It's an old Hudson with the big green adjustment, a pressure guage and a litre flow gauge (not the floating ball type)

You should be able to get a correct looking strap made up at an upholstery shop or tent/tarp fabricator. There's a few local here so if you have no luck let me know the dimensions of the strap and I'll see what I can source for you.

yes the regulator with the big mouse ears. I can't find mine. it's in the bottom of a box of stuff I cleaned out the 72 when I sold it. the use it or lose it comes to mind. I need to get my ambulance up and running.

what they had on this for the belt was a fairly long cotton strap about 1/2 wide. it was made to loop around a number of bottles. as you can see there is space here for at least 5 of them. looked like the tie down for the windshield for a willies jeep only longer same sliding grab on the buckle with the teeth. the only thing I could find is OD green and not that long. still got all the hardware though. there has to be some of that stuff still around. this one fell apart in my hand as I took it off.

Attachments

• IMG_9580a.jpg
    IMG_9580a.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 120
I have a period correct bottle :thankyou2:and regulator, so we are all set there. I do need the nylon strap. I can have one made up here at a tent shop or an upholstery shop. Thanks for your assistance Bill.

yes the regulator with the big mouse ears. I can't find mine. it's in the bottom of a box of stuff I cleaned out the 72 when I sold it. the use it or lose it comes to mind. I need to get my ambulance up and running.

what they had on this for the belt was a fairly long cotton strap about 1/2 wide. it was made to loop around a number of bottles. as you can see there is space here for at least 5 of them. looked like the tie down for the windshield for a willies jeep only longer same sliding grab on the buckle with the teeth. the only thing I could find is OD green and not that long. still got all the hardware though. there has to be some of that stuff still around. this one fell apart in my hand as I took it off.

Ed, check with a music store that sells drums. It looks just like the straps used for drum cases.

found them is this better Bill. I like the white one with the big gages. the leather shows up different in the flash. something about the way the light reflects off the vinyl I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_2853.jpg
    IMG_2853.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 83
Back